BIOGRAPHY of Hazrat Sultan Bahu (Allah Bless His Soul) Biography | SUFI ]

Discussion in 'Biography of Urdu Writers' started by Heer, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Heer

Heer Inactive Member

BIOGRAPHY of Hazrat Sultan Bahu (Allah Bless His Soul)Sultan ul Arifeen (King of Arifeen - the Highest grade of Sufism) Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahu was born at Shorkot in 1039 A.H. Shorkot is the Tehsil headquarter of District Jhang of Punjab. His father Hazrat Muhammad Bazayd was a pious man, a jurist who learnt Quran by heart and he was the commandant of the Shor fort during the reign of Mughal emperor Shahjahan. His mother Hazrat Bibi Raasti was a saint of high caliber. He belonged to Awan caste and was the descendant of Hazrat Ali. His mother got the intuition that soon a saint par excellence would be born to her who would fill the face of the earth with his mental illumination and spirituality and she should name him “Bahu”. There Mai Sahiba gave him the name “Bahu”. He was a saint by birth and his spiritual guidance started from his early childhood. A Non-Muslim who happened to look at his illuminated face immediately converted to Islam by reciting the Shahada. Non-Muslims became so scared of this miracle of Hazrat Bahu that a delegation consisted of their leading men met his father and requested him to make an announcement whenever this child was about to leave the house, so that they should remain in their homes and could be saved from conversion.

[​IMG]

Shrine of Hazrat Sultan Bahu

Spiritually, he took an oath of allegiance at the sacred hands of the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him). In his book, Ameer-ul-Qaunaian” he says that he wandered for about thirty years in search of spiritual guide but in vain. At last, Hazrat Ali (RA) took him spiritually to the sacred presence of Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him). The Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) showed utter happiness on seeing him and asked him to hold his hand. Thats how he took an oath of allegiance and then the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) instructed him and ordered him to spiritually help the creatures of God. After this, the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) entrusted him to Hazrat Shaikh Abd ul Qadir Al Jilani (Allah be pleased with him) and said that Bahu was his spiritual son and he should also spiritually instruct and guide him. Therefore, Hazrat Pir Dastagir enriched him with his spiritual wealth. About that Haq Bahu says that “I have covered the entire distance from the beginning to extreme, when the King of “Faqr” cast on me the favorable glance”. After that on the order of Ghaus-e-Pak Hazrat Shaikh Abd ul Qadir Al Jilani (Allah be pleased with him) he overtly took an oath of allegiance at the hand of Sheikh Pir Abdur Rehman Qadri of Delhi. (he was the descendant of Ghaus-a-Pak). The shrine of Pir Abdur Rehman is in Delhi.

The Status and splendor of Sultan Bahu is beyond anybody’s speculation. He says in Risala ”Ruhi Sharif” that “I took an oath of allegiance at the sacred hand of the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) and he considered me his “son”. He allowed me to guide the creatures of God”. He says. “Hazrat Fatima (RA) has considered me her “son”, in this way I have been blessed with the extremities of Faqr”.

Hazrat Haq Bahu didn’t receive formal education as he was busy from the early life in gaining spiritual experiences and true achievements. He says, “though I haven’t received formal education but after receiving spiritual / divine knowledge, I have become pure, that’s why the entire knowledge has been accumulated in my heart through reflection / inversion.
    He didn’t get the opportunity to receive worldly knowledge because of being busy in intuition and witnessing the divine glory and he also didn’t get time to do meditation because he from the beginning to the end every moment remained drowned in the deep river of divine unity. Despite being so indulgent he acted upon the traditions of the Shariah of the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) with such determination that throughout his life he never missed an act endear to the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him). He says, “I have gained every status by acting upon Shariah and have made Shariah my guide.

[​IMG][​IMG]Shrine of Hazrat Sultan BahuSultan Bahu authored about one hundred and forty books and in all those books he repeatedly advised three things to the aspirant of truth:

i. Obscurity.
    ii. Desisting.
    iii. To act upon the Shariah (Religious Dogma) of the Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him).

He emphasized upon the following activities to attain all the spiritual grades:

1. Meditation about the essence of God.
    2. Meditation about Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him).
    3. Recitation of Kalima-e- Tayyiba.
    4. Invitation of Spiritual contact with next world (or eternal world) through Quranic verses. He says that because of these acts two most lofty positions are opened for the aspirant of truth and is no highest position above these.

i. Witnessing the essence of God.
    ii. Eternal attendance of the sacred gathering of the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him).

In his famous book “Noor-ul-Huda” he says “I have been blessed with the highest grades of sainthood (Sufism) by Allah the Almighty and the most Compassionate and thus prepared me to guide the people. If an aspirant of God is true and keen to witness Devine light, then there is no difficulty for Faqir Bahu to enable him to meet Allah / witness divine glory. He says in “Risala Ruhi Sharif”, “Anybody who is aspiring for God Almighty, he should come to me, I will enable him to reach from the bottom to the top in a moment. Oh! Aspirant of the Truth come over so that I enable you to reach God”. He says in his book named “Ameer-ul-Qaunain” that, “Oh dear! Let it be clear that truth leads to redemption and lie leads to destruction, that’s why what ever Faqir Bahu says he says it on the commandment of God and the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him). He doesn’t say anything out of his own caprice. The day when God Almighty created the spirits, he created me with His eternal power, the same day He blessed me with His Beatific vision, from that day till now every moment, every second, I am drowned in Devine vision. Although worldly I use to talk to the people but spiritually I use to be blessed with beatific vision, I will be blessed with this in the grave, on the day of resurrection and in heaven also”. The Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) says that “Sadaats are from my generation, scholars are from my chest and faqirs (highest level of saints) are from the Devine Light”. “I am a scholar of Devine knowledge. I see only divine light. I know nothing but Devine knowledge. Neither I know anything about round of daily recital and meditation nor I use to do them or recite them because entire knowledge is for the Divine knowledge that I possess. Where there is Devine knowledge there is no morning, no evening, no destination and no station. Devine essence can be witnessed in the form of the glory of the name of Allah (His personal name) in the stage of annihilation unto God (final stage of Sufism). In that Devine light one can witness the Devine vision. These status belong to that faqir who is an example of _______.

I know the Devine knowledge and recite it. I have attained these status due to the Holy / blessed company of the Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him), his sahabas and punjatun pak (five pures).

Sultan Haq Bahu is Sarwari Qadri order of Sufism. The spirituality of this order is that the mentor – spiritual guide (murshad) makes sure the presence of an aspirant of truth in the Holy gathering of Holy Prophet (blessing and salutation be on Him) in just one glance and single attention and in the same way enables him to see beatific vision / divine light. In this Holy order there is no intricacies like mystic exercises, forty days seclusions for mystic communion, withholding of breath, mystic initiation, meditation and daily round of recital. This order is also free of obvious saintly dress and style and also weary of style of mashaikhs e.g. scepter, rosary and gown and turban etc.

[​IMG]Shrine of Hazrat Sultan BahuHe dies at the age of 63 in 1102 A.H. His shrine is situated in a village on the western bank of river chinab near town of Garh Maharaja in Tehsil Shorkot. The Village is known on his name as “Mauza sultan Haq Bahu”. His death anniversary (URS) helds on the first Thursday of Jamadi-us-sani.

2. Heer

Heer Inactive Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Hadrat Sultan Bahu[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]The Sultanul Faqr and Sultanul Arifin[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Hadrat Sultan Bahu is one of the most renowned sufi saints of the later Mughal Period in the history of Indo Pakistan subcontinent. He is often called Sultanul Arifin ( the Sultan of gnostics) in the Sufi circles. His ancestors belonging to the tribe of Alvids called Awan and coming from Arabia via Hirat ( Afghanistan ) had settled in the soon Sakesar Valley of Khushab District in Punjab. His Father, Sultan Bazid, had served in the army of the Emperor Shah Jehan as a high ranking officer and so in recognition to his services he had been awarded a jagir in the shorkot area. The family migrated to the place and settled at Qalai Shorkot, a settlement at the bank of River Chenab ( now in District Jhang, Punjab). Hadrat Sultan Bahu was born there, probably in 1628 A.D.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Even in the early childhood, it was perceived by all those around him that a strange light shone upon his face which compelled even the Hindus to utter Kalima Tayyiba ( there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger) in his presence. His father died when he was just a child but his mother Bibi Rasti, remained alive till he was forty years old.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]His mother supervised his education but it must have been irregular because he was often found under the influence of ecstatic states. It seemed that his education remained informal to the end. Whatever he expressed or wrote after-words, it was in the light of his own spiritual vision and Knowledge.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]His mother taught him the essential sufi exercises of dhikr ( invocation of Allah and His Names ) and he probably needed no more guidance after that. He was initiated to walk the path of Sufis intuitively. His spiritual experiences and vision enriched his mind and spirit with so much knowledge that he far excelled his contemporary Sufi masters and sufi poets in Tasawwuf ( Sufism ) and Suluk ( all about the Sufi Way and its stations and states). In a book he remarks: Though we have little of formal learning, / Yet the spirit has been blessed with holiness by esoteric knowledge. In fact he may be called a born saint.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]He got married in his early youth and twice or thrice afterwards and had sons and daughters but all this did not deter him from his dervish wanderings, to visit the sacred places and look for the spiritual company of his fellow sufis.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]At the age of thirty he had an extraordinary vision in which he saw Prophet Muhammad ( may peace be upon him ) through the spiritual recommendations and support of Hadrat Ali and Hadrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani. The prophet himself took his bay'ah and allowed him to pass on the Sufi teachings. He often mentions in his books about his presence in the spiritual meetings presided by the Prophet himself. However, in the treatise " Of the Spirit " he calls Hadrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani his Murshid ( spiritual director ). He is always lavish in the praise of Hadrat Shaikh and calls himself Qadiri. In his eyes the teachings of the Qadiriya order were most effective for the spiritual development of the disciples. But at the same time it is evidently clear that by the Qadriya order he means the one that he himself represented. He names it " Sarwari Qadiri ".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]During the same period when he was a young man of about thirty, the war of succession between Dara Sikoh and Aurangzeb was fought. His later writings are sufficient proof of his moral and spiritual support for Aurangzeb who won and became the emperor. He himself, however, never cared to have any concern with the court or the courtiers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]All his life he kept traveling to the far-flung places initiating disciples and passing on the spiritual knowledge and wisdom to the seekers of truth. He might have written most of the books during such journeys. He never made a permanent Khaneqah during his lifetime.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Sometimes he fell into ecstasy and passed his days and nights in the state of absorption. Many places are still remembered and venerated where he stayed for some long or short periods to contemplate in solitude.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]In "Manaqibi Sultani " a few of his journeys have been mentioned. His traveling in Saraiki region up to Sindh, his journey to Delhi where he met the emperor Aurangzeb in the Jamia Mosque and his visits to the tombs at Multan and other cities have been indicated.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]He died in 1961 A.D. at Shorkot where he was buried close to the bank of the river. His body had, however, to be transferred twice to other nearby places due to the floods. Now the place he lies buried under a beautiful tomb is called Darbar Hazrat Sultan Bahu ( District Jhang, Punjab).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]He wrote many books in Persian. He also wrote ghazals and poems in Persian as a well as Abyaat in Punjabi. His Punjabi poetry contains spiritual fervour and passionate expression of the exalted state of Divine Love. One is transported to the spiritual domains while one listens to his Dohas in a melodious voice of the singers. About thirty epistles, treatises and books are still available. Almost all of his work has been written under inspiration in his style peculiar to him. Most often he uses "scatter method " diffusing Sufi doctrine and the methods of spiritual realization in his writings[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]He was the greatest teacher and propagator of Faqr ( spiritual poverty ) which is the shining guiding star in his teachings. He may be considered one of the greatest Revealers in the history of Sufism.[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]His dargah has always been supervised by the Sajjadah Nashins of his own family. The present Sajjadah Nashin also belongs to his line.[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]It is strange that his fame rose and spread world-wide after his death. Only recently Scholars have turned attention to present and interpret his doctrine in a systematic way. The scope to edit, translate, interpret and transmit his work is still very vast. It is hoped that the next generation of sufi scholars and teachers will continue to perform this tremendous job more efficiently.[/FONT]

3. Noor

Noor Inactive Member

nyc sharing

keep sharing
comments powered by Disqus

Users found this page by searching for:

1. haq bahoo

2. my bab sultan bahu darbar iamge

3. haq bahu sach bahu meaning

4. pictures of mazar of sultan bahu