Discover islam

Heer

Heer

Invalid Email

Reaction score

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Let there be no compulsion in Religion: truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah (one God) has grasped the most trustworthy hand hold, that never breaks. and Allah hears, and knows all things."
(Qur'an, Al-Baqarah 2:256)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome to Discover Islam - [/FONT]Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. God tells us in the Qur'an:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Say: we believe in God and in what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il: Isaac, Jacob and The Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another, among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)." (Qur'an, Al-'Imran 3:84)[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For a fifth of the world's population, Islam is a complete way of life encompassing all facets of a Muslims existence from birth to death:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"This day I have perfected your Deen (Complete way of Life, Religion) for you, and completed my favour upon you, have chosen ISLAM as your Deen (way of life)." (Qur'an, Al-Ma'idah 5:3) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As Muslims, it our responsibility to give the message of Islam to you, the evidences and facts and invite you on that basis to accept Islam or to deny it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Let there be no compulsion in Religion: truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah (one God) has grasped the most trustworthy hand hold, that never breaks. and Allah hears, and knows all things." (Qur'an, Al-Baqarah 2:256)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[/FONT]

What is the Purpose of our Life?

T[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]he information which is to be shared, may seem to be bit extensive but when you consider the capacity of the human brain and the amount of information that it can store and that it can decipher, then a few pages of information tonight, I’m sure won’t overburden you.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All of you have an equal responsibility and that responsibility is to listen with an open heart and an open mind.
In a world full of prejudice and cultural conditioning, it is very hard to find people that are able to take a moment to think about life objectively. And try to arrive at the truth about this world and the real purpose of our life. Unfortunately, when you ask most people the question what is the purpose of our life, such a fundamental and important question, they will not tell you what they have concluded through observation or analytical reasoning. Rather, in most cases, they will simply tell you what someone else said. Or they will tell you what is commonly presumed by others; what my father says the purpose of life is, what the minister of my Church says the purpose of life is, what my teachers says, what my friends says etc. If I ask anyone about the purpose of eating, why do we eat? Everyone will say in one word or another, its for nutrition because it sustains life. If I ask anyone why they work, they will say because it’s a necessity in order to support themselves and to provide the needs of the family. If I ask anyone why they sleep, why they wash etc. They will answer this is a common necessity for all human beings. We can follow this line of questioning with 100 questions and get same or similar answer from anyone in any language in any place in the world. Simple!
Then I ask you the question, why is it, that when we ask the question, what is the goal and the purpose of life, that we get so many different answers? That’s because people are confused, they don’t really know. They are stumbling in the dark. And rather than to say I don’t know, they just fall for any answer that they have been programmed to answer. Well think about it tonight!
Is our purpose in this world simply to eat, sleep, dress, work, acquire some materials things and enjoy ourselves? Is this our purpose? Why are we born? What is the object of our existence? And what is the wisdom behind the creation of men and this tremendous universe? Think about that question.
Some persons argue that there is no prove of any divine origin, there is no prove that there is a God, there is no proves that this universe has come about for any divine purpose; there are people who argue this way. And they say that perhaps this world came about by chance. A big bang and this whole great world, with all its orchestration just came together. And they argue that life does not have any definite purpose and that there is nothing that can be proven through by the logic or science that there is a God or purpose or any divine reason behind this world.
In the Qur’an it’s mentioned:
To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and Allah has power over everything. Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding, men who celebrates the praises of Allah standing, sitting and lying down on their side and they contemplate the wonders of the creation in the heavens and the earth with the thought, “Our Lord, not for any foolish purpose has thou created all of these. Glory be to thee, give us salvation from the penalty of the hellfire.
Now here in these verses, Allah has mentioned very clearly to us by first drawing our attention to the creation of ourselves, the different postures of the human body, the different attitude of the human psychology. He draws our attention to the heaven, the alternation of the night and the day, the firmament, the stars, the constellation and then He says to us, “He has not created all of these for any foolish purpose”. Because when you see the design of it, you know it that the design of it is very powerful and very precise. And something very powerful and very precise that is beyond your own calculation and imagination, it cannot foolish. It cannot be just thrown together.
If you took 10 marbles and number them 1 to 10 and all of them with different colours and you put them inside of a bag and shook the bag and then closing your eyes reached inside that bag, and I told you, pull out marble number 1 and then marble number 2 and then pull out marble number 3 in order. What’s the chance of your pulling out of these 10 marbles in order? Do you know the chances are? Its 26 millions to 1. So what’s the chance of the heavens and the earth being thrown in a big bang and orchestrated like they are. What’s the chance of that?
My dear respected fellow humans we have to ask ourselves a further question. When you see a bridge, a building or an automobile, you automatically consider the person or the company that constructed it. When you see a plane or a rocket, a satellite or a large ship, you also think about how incredible of a vehicle that it is. When you see a nuclear plant in orbiting space stations or a super international airport, you have to thoroughly impressed with the engineering dynamics that are involved.
Yet, these are just things that are manufactured by human beings. Then what about the human body; with its massive and intricate control system? Think about it.
Think about the brains; how it thinks, how it functions, how it analysis, sort information, retrieves information, distinguishes and categorizes information in a millionth of a second! And does it constantly. Think about the brain for a moment. This is the brain that made the automobile, the rocket. Think about the brain and who made that. Think about the heart how it pumps continuously for 60 or 70 years, in taking and discharging blood throughout the body and maintaining that steady precision throughout the life of that person. Think about it.
Think about the kidney and what kind of functions that they carry – the purifying instrument of the body, which performs hundreds of chemicals analysis simultaneously and also controls the levels of toxicity in the content of the body. And it does this automatically.
Think about your eye – The human camera that adjust, focus, interpret, evaluate, and applies colour automatically; the natural inspective and adjustment to light and distance. All automatic, think about it!
Who created that? Who has mastered that? Who plans that? And who regulates that? Human beings themselves? No of course not.
What about this universe? Think about this. This earth is ONE planet in our solar system. And our solar system is one of the systems in the Milky Way. And the Milky Way is one of the constellations in this galaxy. And there are millions of galaxies like the Milky Way. Think about that and they are all in order. They are all precise. They are not colliding with each other. They are not conflicting with each other and they are swimming along in an orbit that has been SET for them. Have human beings set that into motions? And are those human beings maintaining that precision? No of course NOT!
Think about the ocean, the fish, the insects, the birds, the plants, bacteria, and the chemical elements that have not been discovered and cannot be defected even with the most sophisticated instruments. Yet each one of them has a law that they follow.
Did all of these sequence, balance, harmony, variation, design, maintenance, operation and infinite numeration, did this happen by chance? And also do these things functions perpetually and perfectly by chance? And do they reproducing themselves and maintaining themselves also by chance? No of course not.
That would be totally illogical and foolish to think and in the least, it will indicate that however it came to be, it is totally outside of the realm of human capability. We will all agree to that.
The being, the all mighty power, God, the creator who has the knowledge to design, to proportion, who has created all of these and is responsible for maintaining all of these, is the only one that is deserving our praise and gratitude.
If I gave each one of you a $100 for no reasons, you would at least say thank you. What about your eyes, your kidney, your brain, your life, your birth, your children – what about that? Who gave you that? Is He not worthy of praise and thanks? Is He not worthy of your worship and recognition?
That in a nutshell is the purpose and the goal of this life.
Allah the all mighty said to us in the Qur’an: “I have not created the Jinn (the spirit) nor the human beings for any other purpose except to worship me”. This what the almighty says. So our purpose of this life is to recognize the creator, to be grateful to the creator, to worship the creator, to surrender ourselves to the creator and to obey the laws that He decided for us.
In a nutshell it means worship. This is our purpose on this life. And whatever we do in the course of that worship, that system, the eating, the drinking, the dressing, the working; all of these are just consequential but we have been created to worship.
That’s the purpose of our life. I don’t think that anyone who is scientific or analytical, they won’t have much argument with that purpose. They may have some other purpose within themselves. But that’s something they have to deal with between themselves and all mighty God.
Introduction to Islam
What do you know about Islam? Not what you HEARD about Islam, not what you seen in the action of some Muslims. Because there is a difference between Islam and Muslim. There is a difference between a man and a father. A man who has children is a father. But father is a responsibility. If a man who does not fulfil those responsibility, he is not necessarily a good father. Islam is a rule and an order. If a Muslims does not fulfil those rules and orders, he is not a good Muslim. So you can not compare Islam by Muslims.
We hear the termIslam” and “Muslim” quite often. And we read about Islam and Muslims in the periodical textbooks of colleges and universities. We hear and we see a lot of inaccurate, misleading and purposeful misinformation through the media. And I have to admit that some of these misinformation and misrepresentation has been perpetuated by Muslims themselves. Yet one out of every 5 persons in this world of some 5 billion people is a Muslim. This is the statistics that you can verify in the encyclopaedia. How is it that 1 out of every 5 people in this world is a Muslim and that we don’t know something about Islam? The facts about Islam?
If I told you 1 out of every 5 people in this world were Chinese, which is a fact cause there are 1 billion Chinese in the world. We know the geographical, social, economical, political, philosophical and historical facts about China and the Chinese. Then how come we don’t know Islam?
What is it that joins all these nations (around 35 Muslim nations) and this universal configuration into a common entity? What makes a brother in Saudi Arabia a brother to an American? What makes a brother from China a brother to an Egyptian? What makes a brother from Australia a brother to a Pakistani? An African is my brother, another one from Thailand is my brother, a Bosnian is my brother, the other one from Canada is my brother. From Spain, Russia, India, Germany and so forth. What makes them my brother?
We have that different cultural, psychological background. What is it about Islam that automatically embraces us and joins us together as a brotherhood?
What are the accurate characteristics of this misunderstood way of life that are followed by a great part of humanity?
I will try to provide you with some facts, but in addition to this as I mentioned to you before, it is necessary for you to be open minded and open hearted. Because if a turned a glass upside down and poured water on it, I will never get a glass of water. It has to be right side up.
Facts alone do not lead to understanding, but rather a combination of tolerant, ambition and the ability to appreciate and accept the truth when you hear it.
The word Islam means surrender, submission and obedience to the law of almighty God. You can say “Allah”, you can say the creator, you can say the supreme God, the supreme force, the all wise – all of those are his names. We say “Allah”, because in Arabic, there are no other expressions. This expression “Allah” cannot be applied to any created things. Other words we use for almighty – can be applied for created things like “the almighty Dollar” or he is the “greatest” etc. But the word “Allah” can only be applied to the one who has created all of these that we have previously described. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The word “Islam” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The word “Islam” is derived from the root “salama”, it means to be at peace or to have security. Therefore, a Muslim is a person that surrenders, submits and obeys the laws of almighty God and through this submission; attains peace and security for themselves.
We can immediately see that by such definition, the Arabia word “Islam” describe the same manner and the behaviour of all the well known and respected prophets and messengers of almighty God. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, John the Baptist, Sulaiman, Jesus the son of Mary and Mohammad (peace be on all of them). All of these prophets and messengers came from the same almighty God with the same message with the same chain of transmission and they said ONE thing – obey God. Worship the almighty God and fulfil the purpose of life and do good actions and you will be rewarded with another life. That’s all they said. Don’t make it more than that. That’s all they said regardless of what language and what time and whom they came to. If you read the scriptures carefully without your own interpretations and somebody else’s addition or fabrication, you will find that this was the simple message of all those prophets whom confirmed one another. Not one of those prophets ever said “I am God, worship me”. You don’t have to think cause you won’t find it in any books that you have. Not the Bible, not the Torah, not the Old and the New Testaments, not the Psalms of David. You won’t find it in any book or in any speeches by the prophets. So where did it come from? That something else that you have to investigate yourself.
We can immediately see that by such a definition, the Arabic word “Islam” describes what all the prophets did. They call came and submitted themselves to God, surrendered themselves to God, called the people to God, and asked the people, and insisted upon the people to do deeds of righteousness. The Ten Commandments of Moses, what was that? The speech of Abraham, what was that? The Psalms of David, what was that? The proverbs of Solomon, what did he say? The Gospel of Jesus Christ, what did he say? What did John the Baptist say? What did Isaac and Ishmael say? What did Muhammad say? Worship one God, nothing more than that.
Allah says in the Qur’an: < And they were ordered nothing except, to worship Allah, being sincere towards him and this was the straight way. > This was the original message. By the same token, it will also be appropriate here to consider those prophets and messengers as Muslims.
Don’t think about the Arabic terminology, don’t think about how we are dressed, don’t think about Mecca or Saudi Arabia or Egypt etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Word “Muslim” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Think about the word “Muslims” means he who surrenders themselves to almighty God, and obeys the laws of almighty God. Everything that surrenders to the law of almighty God is a Muslim. So when a child comes out of the womb of its mother at the time God had ordered, what is it? It’s a Muslim. When the sun goes around in its orbit, what is it? It’s a Muslim. When a moon goes around the sun, what is it? It’s a Muslim. The law of gravity, what is it? It’s a Muslim law. Everything that submits to the almighty God is a Muslim. Therefore, when we obey almighty God, we are Muslims.
Jesus Christ was a Muslim. His blessed mother was a Muslim. Abraham was a Muslim. Moses was a Muslim. All the prophets were Muslims.
They came to their people and spoke different languages. The prophet Muhammad spoke the language of Arabic. And so in the Arabic language submit and surrender is Muslim. The one who submits and surrenders is a Muslim. Every prophets and messengers of almighty God brought the very same and fundamental messageworship almighty God and be sincere towards him.
If we examine the message of each of the well-known prophets, we can easily conclude this side. Where there is a conflict, it is a result of false expression, fabrication, exaggeration, personalized interpretations of alleged writers, historians, scholars and individuals.
For instance, how come throughout the Old Testament, God is always referred to as one, the master, the lord and king of the universe. And that in the 1st commandment given to Moses, he did not allow anybody to worship any graven images. All the prophets said he was one and that he was the almighty God. Throughout the Old Testament, it’s completely repeated. Then all of a sudden, we get four testimonials. The four Gospel called Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Matthew who? Mark who? Luke who? John who? Four different gospels that were written 48 years apart, and none of these men, who did not collaborate with each other, none of them wrote their last name. If I gave you a check for your pay this month, and I wrote my first name on the check and tell you to take it to the bank, would you accept that check? No you wouldn’t. If a policeman stopped you and asked for your license and you only had your first name, would it be acceptable to him? Could you get a passport with your first name? Did your parents give you only one name? Where in the history of men, is one name accepted as documentation? Nowhere except in the Bible. And how could you base your faith upon four gospels that are written by four men who didn’t seem to know their last name.
Then after those four gospels, there are fifteen more books, written by a man, who was an apostate, who killed Christians, tortured Christians and then said that he in a vision saw Jesus and he was commissioned as an apostle of Jesus.
If I told you, that Hitler after he killed all the Jews, then he himself decided that he wanted to be a saints and he meet Christ or Moses on the path and he became a Jew and he wrote fifteen books and added them to the Torah. Would that be acceptable to the Jews? No they wouldn’t accept that. So how can four books without a last name and fifteen other books that’s written by another man – and this is the first time that God is called a man and the first time that God is called three, and the first time God is given a son, then how would be acceptable to the Christians? How? Think about it. We won’t argue that point, I have just given you something to think about.
Advent of Prophet Muhammad
The advent of Prophet Muhammad did not bring a new religion or a new way of life as some people claim. On the contrary, the prophet Muhammad confirmed the life and message of all the previous prophets and messengers, both through his personal conducts, and through the divine revelation that he received from the almighty. The sacred scripture that Muhammad (Peace be upon him) brought is called Al-Qur’an. It means that which is recited because Muhammad (Peace be upon him) did not write the Qur’an. He did not author the Qur’an. Nobody came and helped him to write it and nobody collaborated with him to help. But the angel Gabriel recited to him and almighty God made his heart a receptacle of that. Just like a satellite dish, is a receptive of waves and gives you the TV image. The prophet Muhammad’s heart was a receptacle of revelations and we have this Qur’an that has been preserved for fifteen hundred years without a change of a dot.
Is there any other book in the world that you know of that has been preserved as it was revealed without a changing even a dot? No book! Only the Qur’an. Don’t take my world for it. Go to the library and read what the encyclopaedia Britannica or any other universal encyclopaedia of the world that has not been written by a Muslim – read what is says about Islam, the Qur’an and Muhammad. Read what non Muslims said about the Qur’an, Islam and Muhammad. Then you will accept that what I am saying is universally documented and clear. That Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the most profound individual in the history of humanity. Profound why? Read what they say.
That the Qur’an is the most incredible, the most profound piece of literature in the annals of history. Read what they say.
That is Islamic way of life, is categorized and so precise and dynamic, it has never changed. Read what they say.
The sacred scripture that Muhammad (Peace be upon him) received is called the Qur’an. And each of the prophets and messengers, they also received a scripture. And in the Qur’an, these prophets, their scripture, their stories, the principles of their mission, is mentioned with profound details. Did Muhammad (Peace be upon him) meet them and eat with them and talk with them and collaborate with them to write their biographies? No of course he didn’t. In the Qur’an Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is referred to as the messenger of almighty God and the seal of the previous prophets which is the limit of his role as a human being. Muslims do not worship Muhammad. We are not Mohammedans. We do not have the right to take the name of Muhammad to say we are Mohammedans. People who followed Moses were not Moseians. People who followed Jacob were not Jacobites. People who followed Abraham were not Abrahamians. People who followed David were not Davidians.
So how the people call themselves Christians? Christ did not call himself a Christians. Christ said that whatever he received from almighty God and the order of God and what he heard and this is what he said and this is what he did. So how we call ourselves Christians? We have to be Christ-like. And what was Christ like? He was a servant of almighty God so you should be servants of almighty God.
And as the final scripture and divine revelation, Qur’an makes it very clear and concise statement: < This day I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you and chosen Islam as a complete way of life. > So through the Qur’an the word “Islam” came. As a word “Islam”, it came in the Qur’an. Because when the building is completed, you call it a house. When the car is on the assembly line, it is not an automobile. It is in the process of assembly. When it has been completed, it has been certified, it has been test-driven, it is now an automobile.
When Islam was completed as a revelation as a book, as an example through the prophet Muhammad, it then became Islam. It became a complete way of life. So it is the word that was new but not the practice, not the prophets, not the order from God. Not a new God, not a new revelation but only the name Islam.
Another distinction to keep in mind is that, Muhammad unlike his predecessors, did not come to the Arab or to this own people exclusively. Therefore Islam is not a religion of the Arabs, it is not for the Arabs. Yes Muhammad the son of Abdullah was born in Mecca, a city in the Arabian Peninsula. And certainly he was an Arab by verse.
Consequences of his birth was the choice of the almighty. Additionally the Qur’an was revealed in the Arabic language to protect it, to make it pure and clear and precise. Yet the Qur’an dispelled any information that the message of Muhammad was limited or meant for the Arab exclusively. Allah says: < you have not been sent O Muhammad, except to the whole of humanity as a warner, as the one bringing glad tidings. And most of the human beings, they simply don’t know. > As such, Muhammad is the finality of the great prophets and messengers before him.
What is the “Qur’an”?
Now some background information regarding the Qur’an. First of all, the Qur’an makes a claim that it is a divine revelation – that is, it was sent down from the almighty God to Muhammad through inspiration. And Allah says: < Muhammad, he is not speaking from himself, his own ideas or his own ambitions or his own emotions and feelings. But this is a revelation (Qur’an) which has been revealed to him.
Therefore, if we are to convince you or anyone else of the authenticity of the Qur’an, we must prove 1) that it was impossible for Muhammad to manufacture such a book 2) we must prove that it was equally impossible for any human agency to have created it.
Let us think about this. The Qur’an makes the statement: And we created the human beings from a hanging clot that was clinging to the wall of the womb. How did the prophet Muhammad know that the embryo started out as a clot hanging and clinging to the wall of the uterus of the mother? Did he have a telescope? Did he have a microscope? Did he have some kind of X-ray vision? How did he receive this knowledge when this was discovered 47 years ago? How did he know that the ocean have a barrier between them to separate the salt and the fresh water? How did he know that? How did he know that the sun and the moon and the planets are all swimming in an orbit that has been ordered for them? How did he know them when these things just been discovered 25 or 30 years ago? Technology and science, the sophistication of which you and I well know, have just discovered these things. How did Muhammad know them fifteen hundred years ago? An uneducated shepherd who could not read or write, a man raised in the desert, how could he say something like this? How could he produce something like this? How could anyone else living with him before and after, produce something that has been discovered recently? Impossible. How could a man who never left the Arabian Peninsula, a man who never sailed on a ship make such clear and astounding descriptions that were recently discovered in this half of the 20th century? Also if this is not enough, let me mention to you that the Qur’an has 114 chapters, over 6000 verses and there were hundreds of people in the time of the prophet Muhammad who memorized this book entirely. Was he come kind of genius? How did that happen? Did anyone memorize any of the gospels? Did anyone memorize the Torah? The Psalms? The Old and the New Testament? Nobody, not even the pope himself. But there are millions of Muslims today, who has memorized the entire book. This is the ambition of every Muslims. Not some but every Muslims. How many Christians have you meet in your life that as memorized the Bible? You have never meet any Christians that memorized the Bible because you have never meet a Christian who even knew what word the whole Bible. Because the Christians themselves have over 700 different denominations and there are around 39 different versions of the Bible with different books and different versions, with different amount of verses and different amount of chapters and they don’t agree to that. So how could they even memorize what they don’t agree about?
Finally, this book, Qur’an, has been universally preserved without the slightest alternation of any kind in fifteen centuries.
If all of these are true, and if it is all true, would you agree that this book is quite profound and unique to say the least? Would you be honest enough to say that? Of course you would if you are honest.
The Basic things in the Qur’an
Let us now turn to another subject matter – The Basic things in the Qur’an
It talks about the supreme oneness of almighty God which includes his names, attributes, the relationships between the almighty and his creatures and how man should maintain that relationships. It also talks about the continuity of the prophets and their lives, their messages and their overall mission. It insists upon following the final and universal example Muhammad, the seal of the prophets and messengers.
It reminds the human beings of the shortness of this life and calling them towards the eternity of the life hereafter. After you leave this place, you are going somewhere. After you die, you are also going somewhere whether you accept it or know about it. You are going there and you are responsible because you are told even if you have rejected it. The object of this life is not for you to sit here and do nothing without an effect. Every cause has en effect. And you came into this life for a cause and a purpose and it must have an effect. You don’t go to school to stay there. You don’t go to work not to get paid. You don’t build a house and don’t move into it. You don’t get a suit made and don’t wear it. You don’t grow up as a child and don’t become an adult. You don’t work without expecting a reward. You can not live without expecting to die. You can not die without the expectancy of the grave and you can not expect that the grave is the end. Because that would mean God has created you for a foolish purpose. And you have not gone to school or worked or chose a wife for a foolish purpose. How can you assign to God something less than yourself?
In an attempt to capture and convince the imagination and faculties of reasoning, the Qur’an goes through great length and beauty to expound upon the oceans and rivers, the trees and plants, the birds and insects, the wild and the domestic animals, the mountains and the valleys, the expansion of the heavens, the celestial bodies and the universe, the fishes and the aquatic lives, the human anatomy and biology, the human civilization and history, the description of paradise and hell, the evolution of the human embryo, the mission of all the prophets and the purpose of life on earth.
How could a man born in the desert who could not read – could expound upon things which he was never exposed to? The most unique aspect of the Qur’an however, is that it confirms the previously revealed scriptures, and that if you should decide to become a Muslim, you do not have to consider yourself changing your religion.
If you lost some weight and you had a suit and you really liked that suit; you don’t have to throw that $500 suit away. Do you? No. You go to the tailor and tell them to make it smaller for you.
Your belief, your honour, your virtue, your love of Jesus Christ, you attachment to God, your worship, your truthfulness and your dedication to almighty God – you don’t change that and throw it away. You hold onto that but you make alteration where you know that the truth have been revealed to you. You just have to be honest enough to know that you have lost some weight, and you need to make some adjustment.
Islam is simple my dear Brothers and Sisters. Bear witness that there is none to be worshipped except almighty God. If I ask any of you to bear witness that your father is your father, how many of you would say yes my father is my father? My son is my son – my wife is my wife – I am who I am- then how is it that you hesitate to bear witness that almighty God is One and almighty God is the only and almighty God is your lord and your creator? Why? Are you arrogant? Do you possess something that God does not possess? Do you have some secret that you want to share with us? Or are you confused? That’s the question that you have to ask yourself. If you thought that you would die tonight and in front of you was paradise and the back of you is hellfire – and you had the chance to put this straight with God, and ask God to accept the best of your deeds – if you had that chance to do that before you die, then you would not hesitate to bear witness that there is only one God. You would not hesitate to bear witness that Muhammad is a messenger of God. You would not hesitate to bear witness that you are one of those who would like to be written down in the book of God as those who submit.
You would not hesitate. But you think you are going to live a little while. You want to enjoy some more. You want to drink a little bit more scotch. You want to lay down with few more girls. You want to wear few more fancy suits. You want to dance a little bit more. You want to sing a little bit more. And of course, you are not ready to pray everyday. That’s cause you think you are going to live a little while. But how much is a while? Some of us have baldhead. How much is a little while? How long was it that you had a full head of hair? How long was it when you had all black hair? You got aches and pains in your knees and elbows and another places. How long ago was it when you were just a child? How long was it? It was yesterday. And you are going to die tomorrow. Then how long you want to wait?
Islam is to bear witness that almighty God is God, the only God, the only One without any partners. Islam is to acknowledge the existence of the angels, who were sent with the duty of revealing the revelation to the prophets – carrying the message to the prophets, controlling the winds, the oceans and the mountains and taking the lives of those whom God ordered to die. Islam is to acknowledge that all the prophets and messengers were righteous men and they were all sent by the almighty God. Acknowledging the fact that there will be a final day of judgment for all creatures. Acknowledging that all good and evil has been proportioned by the almighty God. Acknowledging that there will definitely be a resurrection after death.
Fundamental duties of a Muslim
The fundamental duties incumbent upon every Muslims is simple – the five things.
Islam is like a big house. And every house has to be built with pillars and a foundation. And you have to build a house with some rules. The pillars are the rules. And when you build a house, you must follow all the rules. The five rules of Islam are:
1) To uphold the code of strict monotheism – not to accept any partners with God, not to worship anything along with God, not to say anything about God that you have no right to say, not to say he has a father or son or daughter or mother or uncle. And to bear witness that Muhammad is a messenger of the almighty God.
2) To observe the prescribed prayers.
3) To pay the prescribed charity.
4) To fast during the month of Ramadan.
5) To perform the pilgrimage.
One may ask the question – isn’t that difficult?
No my friend, it is not. Not to those who opens their mind and open their heart and accept the truth.
I put the matter before you – and you sentence yourself. You take the sentence that you want. You sentence yourself to peace and paradise or you sentence yourself to confusion, frustration and hellfire and punishment.
Enjoy the bounties that Allah has bestowed upon you. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May Allah guide us, may Allah help us. Amen [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More on the 5 pillars of Islam [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam has 5 pillars.
1) Bearing witness that there is none to be worshipped except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
2) The performance of the prayer – praying 5 times a day – based on the order of the almighty Allah. Somebody might say, why do we have to 5 times a day? Well, if I said to you, listen – I got a job for you and we pay 5 times a day. You wash yourself, line up and get paid. Would you have any problems with it? No you wouldn’t. When the bell rings, you will be the 1st one to wash yourself, line up and get paid. Because you know the benefits of it. The prophet Muhammad told us: if any of you had a house with a stream in front of you – if you went into that stream and washed 5 times a day, would there be any dirt on you?
The purpose of the prayer is to keep you pure, clean and to remind you about Allah. And how long does a prayer take? It only takes less than 10 minutes. It takes you longer than that to smoke a cigarette, it takes you longer than that to call your wife, it takes you longer than that to drink some juice, it takes you longer than that to talk some foolishness on the street.
You mean the one whom you worship, the one who created the heavens and earth, the one who gives you paradise, the one whom you believe in, you are not willing to stop what you are doing 5 times a day and just ask him? Praise him for forgiveness? Worship him? Be grateful towards him for 10 minutes? Of course you are. This is what the prayer for. So the idea is to keep you pure, clean, honest, keep you reminded, keep you knowing that you are a Muslim, keep you reminded all the time that Allah is your Allah.
That’s why you tell your sons and daughters when they are young, be in this house at 8:00 o’clock. You don’t think at 8:15 they are going to become a pumpkin. But you want them to get accustomed to respect that house and coming at 8:00. So it is the same thing with the prayer. Allah wants you to get accustomed to remember him. Allah does not need your prayer. You need it. But he ordered for us prayer as a blessing. That’s why a Muslim have such a great blessing because these 5 prayers a day acts upon his minds, his psychology, his physiology and his social posture. Every thing in his life revolves around this prayer.
3) Zakat (charity) – the word “zakat” mean to grow, to prosper, to benefit. When you give something from your saved up wealth (i.e. money that you are not using, piling up in the bank) to the poor – Allah purifies your wealth.
Don’t those people who are less fortunate – don’t they deserve a portion of your wealth? And if Allah did not order us to give it, would we give it? No we wouldn’t. So Zakat is for the poor and it purifies your wealth.
4) FastingFasting in the month of Ramadan, is for discipline. It’s to learn self-control. If you can’t fast from sunrise to sunset – if you can’t control your tongue – if you can’t stay away from the desire of your wife – if you can’t stop thinking lustful thoughts – if you can’t control your anger – if you can’t keep away from food – if you can’t keep away from those for 12-14 hours, then what kind of a person are you? How powerful are you?
And after that fasting period, you can eat, go unto your wife etc. And from that fasting hours, you kind of get an idea how those people are feeling in Somalia, Ethiopia, India – other parts of the world, who are fasting involuntarily – everyday!
Through fasting, you get an idea how they feel. You become more humble, you do more righteous deeds, you become aware of your responsibility as a Muslim, you think more about the almighty God – and as a result of that, you elevate yourself spiritually.
5) Hajj- (The Pilgrimage) – It’s the journey to the Ka’aba (house located in Mecca and was built by Abraham and his son Ishmael to commemorate the worship of one God). As a Muslim, you can go to Mecca and visit Ka’aba and make the lesser pilgrimage called “Umrah”. And then when the Hajj times come, you make that pilgrimage and that is when you are going to see the power of this Islamic brotherhood.
You will never see, never witness it, never sense it and never know it, unless you make this pilgrimage.
Malcolm X said in one of his letter: “"Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and overwhelming spirit of true brotherhood as is practiced by people of all colours and races here in this ancient Holy Land, the home of Abraham, Muhammad and all the other Prophets of the Holy Scriptures. For the past week, I have been utterly speechless and spellbound by the graciousness I see displayed all around me by people of all colours. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Islam! - The Modern Alternative

Some people think that to live an Islamic life is "restrictive". Islam however, was revealed as a balanced way of living.

Allah (The Most High) created all the humans with what is called 'A Fitrah' (a natural state/desire) [1]

Islam recognises that within this Fitrah there are motivations that influence a man's role on earth e.g. a desire for good food and drink, to have a home, a desire for love and *ex, to protect and be protected and to be successful and strong. Without some form of control and limit, all of these legitimate motives could prove very dangerous.

So what constitutes the perfect control for the Fitrah? It must be a method that provides an organised yet practical demonstration of how to balance all these natural human desires. It cannot be something that goes against the Fitrah, by placing on it extra burdens. Likewise, it cannot be something that allows the human desires to run wild without any form of control.

Islam is the perfect control for the Fitrah. It provides a divine method that elevates man above animals and the rest of creation.

Limited Wisdom

Humans lack perfect knowledge as well as perfect wisdom. No matter how hard we try, we will never attain the perfect way of life by our own thinking and interpretation. This is the reason why Allaah being the Most Wise, sent us the Qur'an and the Prophet Muhammad (SAW)[2] to show us this practical and organised way of life.

Allaah, being Perfect, in His Wisdom and Knowledge, perfected a complete way of life for us. He has set His limitations and rules, all of which are beneficial to mankind, and therefore, do not need changing:

"These are the limits (set) by Allaah, so do not approach them"
(Surah al-Baqarah 2:187)

"These are the limits set by Allaah, so do not transgress them"
(Surah al-Baqarah 2:229)

This is why Islam does not allow celibacy, because it is against the Fitrah, i.e., the desire for *ex. Celibacy goes beyond the limits required by humans, and is something that cannot be fulfilled because humans are designed to procreate. As humans we are not expected to fast every single day for the rest of our lives (for most 30 days of the year provides an up-hill struggle). It is also from ignorance to say that 'I shall not sleep during the night, but rather I shall pray!' [3] Humans have not been created by Allah to live life in such a manner. There is a balance which must be observed.​

The following incident describes the Islamic stance towards such behaviour, Anas reported that some of the Companions of Allaah's Messenger (SAW) used to say: "I will not marry women"; someone else said: "I will not eat meat"; and someone else said: "I will not lie down in bed". (On hearing this): The Prophet (SAW) praised Allaah, and glorified Him and said: "what has happened to these people that they say so and so, whereas I observe prayer and I sleep too. I observe fast and I break my fast; I marry women also. And he who turns away from my Sunnah ( i.e., my example or lifestyle), he has no relation with me" [Narrated in Saheeh Muslim vol. 2. p703. no. 32361].

Islam on the other hand, does not allow the person to surrender themselves to lust and desire, as in contemporary 'civilisation'. Islam recognises the love a man has for women, children, gold, silver, and other possessions. But it provides a limit for the amount of this worldly pleasure which we require, and reminds us of the life in the hereafter.

"Beautified for men is the love of things they desire: Women, Children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life, but Allaah has the excellent return ( Paradise)"
(Surah Aali-Imraan 3:141)

The inclinations and desires of the Fitrah are not to become the objective in life. Rather they are to be taken in a stabilised manner. The way to deal with them is real and Allaah (The Most High) has given us the detailed descriptions of a levelled approach. This levelled approach gives mankind the perfectly balanced pleasure in this worldly life. The method of maintaining a well-balanced life is not an endurance test to see who lasts the longest. Allah has revealed Islam, to show us how to attain this balance in a real manner. Life is not a torturous spiritual test, where you are ordered to Iive in mountains and trees. Fasting all year round is not obligatory. Marriage is permissible and you do not have to beat yourself senseless to purify your soul! Rather as Muslims, we must try to follow the Prophet and his balanced teachings of life and living. As Allah says in the Qur'an:​

"Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (saw), you have a good example to follow.."
(Surah Al-Ahzab 33:21)

Restrictive Rules

The use of the word "restrictive" often comes from those who think they live a "free- life". But the fact of the matter is that, wherever you go you will find rules and regulations. For example, in the workplace, in colleges and universities and more obviously on the roads, i.e. the highway and green cross codes. Wherever you are, there are rules and regulations.

Islam forbids us to follow many of the rules which are held by western culture and subcultures. Yet people in the west are more than willing to obey them, because they believe that these rules will protect them. How wrong they are! Rave subculture is a classical example of this. Informal dance floor rules dictate to us ". . . . to drink lots of water, have frequent breaks and don't take too many pills in one go!" Despite these "recommendations", young people are still dying [4].

Western society is obsessed with 'safe *ex', in order to 'prevent the risk of catching AIDS'. Despite the wide availability of contraceptives, AIDS is still on the increase, and people are dropping like flies from this killer epidemic.

Do we think of these rules as being restrictive? If anything you would expect them to bring about a sense of control and order, as well as increasing the pleasure. Without realising, people are ready and willing to accept many man-made rules. Rules that are invented by one group of people and to be obeyed by the rest of society. These rules are not perfect because man is imperfect, yet people accept them and hope and believe that they will benefit from them.

A Better Offer!

So when the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth is offering a reward which is high, and the Benefit is eternal, shouldn't we at least see what's on offer?

"You desire the good of this world, but Allaah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allaah is Almighty, All Wise"
(Surah Al-Anfal 8:67)

". . . in a lofty Paradise . Therein will be a running spring. Therein will be thrones raised high. And cups set at hand. And cushions set in rows. And rich carpets (all) spread out"
(Surah Al-Ghaashiyah 88:10-16)

This worldly life has many good things in it. Things that Allah has created for us to utilise. But the reality is all of these luxuries and benefits of the world will come to an end. For example, a person's good looks may do them many favours during their youth, but will it hold them on good ground when they are 60. Such is the reality of old age.​

Likewise with wealth. Islam allows you to gain wealth as long as you do not oppress other people, and transgress the limits set by Allaah (The Most High). An example of this is making people pay back more money than they actually borrow, through usury or interest payments.

However wealth can not benefit you when you die, as it only passes on to your family as inheritance. Such is the civility of modem society, that many people are even killed, just so that inheritance can be gained sooner rather then later!!

Thus, we should see ourselves as travellers on a journey. A traveller is one who is constantly on the move. He will only take essential provisions, and not all his life's possessions. Likewise, a person must realise that Allah did not design the luxuries of this world to last forever. They only exist to aid our worship of Allah, which will take us to the journey's end, the hereafter. Being human, we must one-day die, and our worldly benefits and luxuries will also perish. The true wealth is indeed with Allah in the next-life. As Allah says:

"Seeking the perishable goods of the worldly life. There are much more profits and booties with Allah"
(Surah An-Nisa 4:94)

Man-made restrictions exist in all aspects of western society. Industry, travel and leisure, are just a few of the sectors which are dominated by human restrictions. Humans automatically assume that these restrictions are there to protect them. In part this may be true, but what about the restrictions set by Allah which can save the whole of man-kind? Such restrictions come from the One Who is Perfect, and not man, who is imperfect! The so-called 'freedom' of 'modern civilisation', is one which is defined for you, by another human. We are often told what is 'politically correct' and what is not. We are told that this is what everybody will be wearing this Summer, and that this is the film to watch. Those are the new Hollywood stars to emerge. You shouldn't be seen 'dead' in this dress and you should paint your finger-nails this colour. The list is endless. All of this is then redefined to fit in with the next wave of fashion trends.​

Those who do not conform are labelled bigamist, narrow-minded, backward, out-dated and so on.

Modern civilisation allows you so much freedom, that you can even waiver the law if you are 'well connected'. Laws are often defined by a small group of people, with everyone else conforming to what they consider right and wrong. What kind of justice is this? This would be more acceptable to those who accept the concept of man being divine. A concept where men decide what is moral and immoral even if it contradicts what God has already laid out for us. God has no part to play in such a civilisation, because man has adopted the role of god for himself. History bears witness to this as it was the way of the civilisations before the advent of the prophet Muhammad (SAW), as Allah says:

"They (Jews & Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah (by obeying them in things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allah)"
(Surah 9:31)

The true freedom of man is found in a civilisation that has a divine value system. A civilisation in which man submits to his Creator alone. A civilisation that reacts with the life of this world and links it to the Day of Judgement. On that Day, everyone will be held accountable in front of ALLAH, the Creator and The True Master of the universe.​

The Purpose

Allaah created man and man belongs to Him. Allah decreed that one day man shall die and return to Him. The world is just a temporary period. We are born, we live in this world and then we die.

So while we are on this earth Allaah has given us the instruction manual to shape our lives according to what He has decreed. This is the meaning of worship. It requires absolute obedience, humility and love for Allaah, the way He has prescribed it.

We cannot love Allaah the way we want to, especially if we do not know what Allaah loves or hates in the first place.

So through Allaah's Perfect Wisdom and Infinite Knowledge, He sent us the Qur'aan and the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and told us how this love is to be expressed:

"Say (O Muhammad (SAW) to mankind): If you really love Allaah then follow me ( i.e. the Prophet (saw), and accept that Allaah is the one truly deserving of worship, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah). Allaah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful"
(Surah Aali-Imraan 3:31)

The Problem with Human Law

Humans by themselves cannot determine what is good and bad for each other for all of the time.

Man-made laws are often defined by a person's personal motives, emotions, limited intellect, beliefs and prejudices. Thus, they are designed with these built-in flaws. This is why human law has so many loop-holes and deficiencies. It is always requiring change, modification and re-modification, time after time!

So when Allaah (The Most High) revealed the Qur'an and the example of the Prophet (SAW), all the details about good and bad, or right and wrong, were not left for the limited nature of mankind to define for themselves. Allaah (The Most High) says:

"And We have sent down to you the Book (Qur'an) as an EXPLANATION of EVERYTHING and a GUIDANCE, a Mercy and glad tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allaah as Muslims)"
(Surah An-Nahl 16:89)

So What is Islam saying?

The message of Islam fits the Fitrah of man. Allaah (The Most Wise) created man in the best form. He gave his Fitrah the ability to believe in the unseen. Thus, man's soul and its horizons are broader and more open than that of the rest of creation - like the animals, bird's and insects. In nature we can see the signs of Allah:

"Do they not look at the camels, and how they were created? And at the heavens, how it is raised? And at the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm? And at the earth, how it is spread out?"
(Surah Al-Ghaashiyah 88:17-20)

In ourselves we can see Allah's signs through the diversity of our languages, colours and nationalities.​

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and female, and have made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another"
(Surah Al-Hujuraat 49:13)

Having been told this, we must now recognise the Perfect way our Creator has chosen for us to follow, which is:​

"Indeed, in the Messenger (Muhammad [saw]), you have a good example to follow"
(Surah Al-Ahzab 33:21)

We have been commanded to worship Allah alone without partners. We must recognise and understand that He is the Only True God who deserves to be worshipped;​

"So know (Muhammad [saw]), that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah"
(Surah Muhammad 47:19)

To help us do this, Allaah (The Most High) sent the Prophet Muhammed (SAW), to deliver and explain the Final Message of Islam, and to help us recognise and worship our Lord in the best manner. We have been told to form our lives' according to this Message, by following and imitating the Final Messenger who is our only guide to worshipping our Lord: Allah.​

This is what is meant when we say: Laa-illaa-ha il-Allaah, wa Muhammadur Rasool-Allah. "There is no true God worthy of worship except Allaah, and Muhammad is the Final Messenger of Allaah"

Footnotes

[1] This can be explained as, the inborn or innate nature of mankind to recognise the Truth about the Creator [Allah]; that he is the only one who truly and sincerely deserves to be worshipped.
[2] Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam, i.e. The peace and Blessings Of Allah Be upon him (the Prophet). We as Muslims have been commanded to say this every time the Prophet's name is mentioned. This is done as a mark of respect and the honour which he deserves.
[3] This is not to say that prayer at night is not important, but if you don't get enough sleep how are you going to fulfil your other obligations, e.g. going to work in order to provide for your family. The times of praying at night have been explained by the Prophet (SAW) as being in the last 3rd of the night before the Fajr prayer.
[4] The death of the teenager Leah Betts a few years ago [in England ], has shown how such rules work to destroy the very society which forms them.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who is the Creator ?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Dr. Jaafar Shiekh Idris Can It Be Matter? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] A very popular question among atheists is, ‘Granted that the existence of temporal things necessitates the existence of an eternal cause, why should that cause be the God of religion? Why can’t matter be eternal and be therefore in no need of an eternal creator?’ I shall argue, on an Islamic basis but at the same time also on a rational basis, that the attribute of eternity entails other attributes, which matter does not and cannot have, and cannot, in view of this, play the role of the original and ultimate cause of temporal things. Muslim theologians say that eternity of existence logically implies everlastingness. This is true because, if something is eternal then it does not depend for its existence on anything outside itself. If this is so then it can never pass away, because only those things pass away that lose some of the external conditions on which they depend for their existence. If the ultimate cause of temporal things is eternal and everlasting, it must of necessity be self-sufficient, qayyoom and ghanee. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Can there be more than one such creator? The Quran tells us that this is impossible;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“God never had a child, nor have there been any gods beside him. [Had there been any], each of them would have appropriated to himself what he created, and some would have overcome others.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] This Quranic argument was paraphrased by some Muslims theologians in a way somewhat like the following: The assumption that there are gods beside the one true God leads to false consequences and must therefore be false. If there is more than one god, then (a) if every detail of everything in the world was the result of the action of one of the gods, it cannot at the same time be the result of the action of another god. But if (b) some things in the world were created by some gods, and others by other gods, then each god would rule independently over what he created, which means that nothing in his world can even in principle, be influenced by anything outside it. But this contradicts the observed unity and interdependence of the world. And if that is impossible, then (c) some gods will overcome others, but if that happens then the ones who are vanquished cannot be true gods. There can, therefore, be no more than one creator. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] How does this creator create? Since He is self-sufficient, He cannot be said to depend on anything outside Himself in any actions, and cannot therefore be said to produce His effects the way natural causes do. But if He is not a natural cause, He must be a volitional agent. And since intention implies knowledge, and knowledge and intention imply life, he must be a living being. Since He is an eternal and everlasting being, all His attributes must reflect this quality; thus He must be not only knowing, but all-knowing, not only powerful, but all-powerful, etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Since no matter in any form can answer to these attributes, and since all these attributes are implied by the two attributes of eternity and everlastingness, no form of matter can be either eternal or everlasting, and thus no matter of any form can play the role of that ultimate cause. This much of the attributes that an eternal and everlasting creator must have is enough, I suppose, to show that it cannot be matter. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] But this conclusion can be further confirmed by what modern science tells us about the nature of matter. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why Should He Be the God of Islam? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Some might say, ‘Granted that this god is a personal and living God, and that He has the attributes which you mentioned, why should He be the God of Islam and not, say the Christian or Jewish God?’ The God of Islam is the God of all true prophets of God from Adam down to Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. But it is a basic claim of the religion with which Muhammad came that previous religions (including Christianity and Judaism) have not been kept in their pristine form which those prophets advocated, but have been tampered with and distorted. The only religion whose book has taken upon itself to be preserved from any such distortions is the religion of the last of God’s prophets, namely Muhammad (peace be upon him). This is not to say that everything in those religions is false or bad. No! There is much in them that is good and true; it is only those elements in them that contradict Islam which must be false or bad. But even if they were to be purged of everything that is not in consonance with Islam, they would still be less perfect than Islam is, especially in their conceptions of God, therefore unsuitable for being universal religions. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Having said this, let me give one example of a non-Islamic religious belief which the Quran considers to be a stupendous blasphemy against God, namely that He has children. At the time of the Prophet, some Arabs believed that the angels were the daughters of God, while some Christians believed that Jesus was the son of God, and some Jews believed that Ezra was the son of God. Just as the Quran gave arguments for the impossibility of there being any gods besides the one true God, it also gave elaborate arguments to show the impossibility of Him having a child, whether male or female. If the Creator is one and self-sufficient, then He is also unique, ahad, “Nothing is like Him.”But if so then, “He neither begets nor is He begotten.”“How can He have a child if He has no consort, and if He created everything?”The Quran is here saying that the claim that God has children contradicts the facts (acknowledged by those who make this claim) that He is the Creator of everything, that He is self-sufficient, and that He has no spouse. Now if He is the creator of everything, this necessarily includes the one who is claimed to be His child. But if this is created by Him, it cannot be His child; it has to be one of His creations. One does not create one’s child; one begets it. If it is insisted that the child is actually begotten and not created by God, this will entail the following false consequences: [/FONT]

• <LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" class=MsoNormal>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The begotten child must be of the same nature as its father, in which case God will not be unique or one. [/FONT]<LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" class=MsoNormal>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God will not be the creator of everything. [/FONT]<LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" class=MsoNormal>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God will have to have a spouse, who must of course be of the same nature as He is, otherwise they cannot beget anything. [/FONT]<LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" class=MsoNormal>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But in that case the number of beings who are of the same nature as God will be raised to three. [/FONT]<LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" class=MsoNormal>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the child is begotten then it cannot be eternal, i.e. it cannot be of the same nature as the father. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It must therefore be temporal; but in that case it has to have a creator. But if the God who is its father cannot at the same time be its creator, then there must be its creator, then there must be another creator besides that God the father; but in that case, this other creator will be the one true creator because it was through his power that the first one was able to beget its son. This will raise the number of gods to four. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] No wonder than that the Quran said about those who claimed that Allah has a child,
“You have indeed come with something most monstrous, of which the skies almost burst, the earth split asunder, and the mountains fall down in utter ruin. All this because of their attributing a child to Allah."[/FONT][/FONT]

The True Religion

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Religion Of Islam[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (saws) in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion Islam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah states the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Al-Maa'idah 5:3)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Aal'imraan 3:85)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Aal'imraan 3:67)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nowhere in the Bible will you find Allah saying to Prophet Moses (as) people or their descendants that their religion is Judaism, nor to the followers of Christ that their religion is Christianity. In fact, Christ was not even his name, nor was it Jesus! The name "Christ" comes from the Greek word Christos which means the anointed. That is, Christ is a Greek translation of the Hebrew title "Messiah". The name "Jesus" on the other hand, is a Latinised version of the Hebrew name Esau.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For simplicity's sake, I will however continue to refer to Prophet Esau (as) as Jesus. As for his religion, it was what he called his followers to. Like the prophets before him, he called the people to surrender their will to the will of Allah; (which is Islam) and he warned them to stay away from the false gods of human imagination.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to the New Testament, he taught his followers to pray as follows: "Yours will be done on earth as it is in Heaven".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Message Of Islam[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, the basic message of Allah's divine religion, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah. Since everything other than Allah, the Creator of all things, is Allah's creation; it may be said that Islam, in essence calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. He is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. If man prays to a tree and his prayers are answered, it was not the tree, which answered his prayers, but Allah who allowed the circumstances prayed for to take place. One might say, "That is obvious," however, to tree-worshippers it might not be. Similarly, prayers to Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna, to Saint Christopher, or Saint Jude or even to Muhammad, are not answered by them but are answered by Allah. Jesus did not tell his followers to worship him but to worship Allah. As the Qur'aan states:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And behold Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you say to men, Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah He will say-"Glory to you I could never say what I had no right (to say')"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Al-Maa'idah- 5:116)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nor did he worship himself when he worshipped but rather he worshipped Allah. This basic principle is enshrined in the opening chapter of the Qur'an, known as Qur'an Al-Fatihah, verse 4:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Elsewhere, in the final book of revelation, the Qur'an, Allah also said:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And your Lord says: "Call on Me and I will answer your(prayer)."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Mu'min 40:60)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is worth noting that the basic message of Islam is that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation Him or a part of Him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This might seem obvious, but, man's worship of creation instead of the Creator is to a large degree based on ignorance of this concept. It is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the worship of creation though such worship maybe called the worship of Allah through his creation. How ever, the message of Islam as brought by the prophets of Allah is to worship only Allah and to avoid the worship of his creation either directly or indirectly. In the Our'aan Allah clearly states:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"For We assuredly sent amongst every people a prophet,(with the command) worship me and avoid false gods ".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Al-Nahl 16:36)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the idol worshipper is questioned as to why he or she bows down to idols created by men, the invariable reply is that they are not actually worshipping the stone image, but Allah who is present within it. They claim that the stone idol is only a focal point for Allah's essence and is not in itself Allah! One who has accepted the concept of the presence of God's being within His creation in any way will be obliged to accept this argument of idolatry. Whereas, one who understands the basic message of Islam and its implications would never concede to idolatry no matter how it is rationalized. Those who have claimed divinity for themselves down through the ages have often based their claims on the mistaken belief that Allah is present in man. They merely had to assert that although Allah according to their false beliefs, is in all of us, He is more present in them than in the rest of us. Hence, they claim, we should submit our will to them and worship them as they are either God in person or God concentrated within the person.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Similarly, those who have asserted the godhood of others after their passing have found fertile ground among those who accept the false belief of God's presence in man. One who has grasped the basic message of Islam and its implications could never agree to worship another human being under any circumstances. God's religion in essence is a clear call to the worship of the Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form. This is the meaning of the motto of Islam:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Laa Elaaha lllallaah" (There is no god but Allah)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Its repetition automatically brings one within the fold of Islam and sincere belief in it guarantees one Paradise.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thus, the final Prophet of Islam is reported to have said:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Any one who says: There is no god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Reported by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhari and Muslim).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It consists in the submission to Allah as one God, yielding to Him by obeying His commandments, and the denial of polytheism and polytheists.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Message Of False Religion[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to Allah. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct? The methods by which the answer can be found is to clear away the superficial differences in the teachings of the various claimants to the ultimate truth, and identify the central object of worship to which they call, directly or indirectly. False religions all have in common one basic concept with regards to Allah. They either claim that all men are gods or that specific men were Allah or that nature is Allah or that Allah is a figment of man's imagination.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thus, it may be stated that the basic message of false religion is that Allah may be worshipped in the form of His creation. False religion invites man to the worship of creation by calling the creation or some aspect of it God. For example, prophet Jesus invited his followers to worship Allah but those who claim to be his followers today call people to worship Jesus, claiming that he was Allah![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buddha was a reformer who introduced a number of humanistic principles to the religion of India. He did not claim to be God nor did he suggest to his followers that he be an object of worship. Yet, today most Buddhists who are to be found outside of India have taken him to be God and prostrate to idols made in their perception of his likeness.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By using the principle of identifying the object of worship, false religion becomes very obvious and the contrived nature of their origin clear. As God said in the Qur'an:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That which you worship besides Him are only names you and your forefathers have invented for which Allah has sent down no authority: The command belongs only to Allah:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He has commanded that you only worship Him; that is the right religion, but most men do not understand ". [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Yoosuf 12:40)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It may be argued that all religions teach good things so why should it matter which one we follow. The reply is that all false religions teach the greatest evil, the worship of creation. Creation-worship is the greatest sin that man can commit because it contradicts the very purpose of his creation. Man was created to worship Allah alone as Allah has explicitly stated in the Our'aan:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I have only created Jinns and men, that they may worship me"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Zaareeyaat 51:56)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Consequently, the worship of creation, which is the essence of idolatry, is the only unforgivable sin. One who dies in this state of idolatry has sealed his fate in the next life. This is not an opinion, but a revealed fact stated by Allah in his final revelation to man:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He may forgive (sins) less than that for whom so ever He wishes".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an An- Nisaa 4:48 and 116)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Universality Of Islam[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since the consequences of false religion are so grave, the true religion of Allah must be universally understandable and attainable, not confined to any people, place or time. There can not be conditions like baptism, belief in a man, as a saviour etc., for a believer to enter paradise. Within the central principle of Islam and in its definition, (the surrender of one's will to God) lies the roots of lslam's universality. Whenever man comes to the realization that Allah is one and distinct from His creation, and submits himself to Allah, he becomes a Muslim in body and spirit and is eligible for paradise. Thus, anyone at anytime in the most remote region of the world can become a Muslim, a follower of God's religion, Islam, by merely rejecting the worship of creation and by turning to Allah (God) alone-It should be noted however, that the recognition of and submission to Allah requires that one chooses between right and wrong and such a choice implies accountability. Man will be held responsible for his choices, and, as such, he should try his utmost to do good and avoid evil. The ultimate good being the worship of Allah alone and the ultimate evil being the worship of His creation along with or instead of Allah. This fact is expressed in the final revelation as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Verily those who believe, those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures), the Christians and the Sabians any who believe In Allah and the last day, and work righteousness shall have their reward with their Lord; They will not be overcome by fear nor grief."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:62)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If only they had stood by the law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There Is from among them a party on the right course; but many of them follow a course that Is evil". [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Qur'an Al-.Maa'idah 5:66)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recognition Of Allah[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The question which arises here is, "How can all people be expected to believe in Allah given their varying- backgrounds, societies and cultures? For people to be responsible for worshipping Allah they all have to have access to knowledge of Allah. The final revelation teaches that all mankind have the recognition of Allah imprinted on their souls, a part of their very nature with which they are created.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Qur'an Al-A'raaf, Verses 172-173; Allah explained that when He created Adam, He caused all of Adam's descendants to come into existence and took a pledge from them saying, Am I not your Lord? To which they all replied, " Yes, we testify to It:'[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah then explained why He had all of mankind bear witness that He is their creator and only true God worthy of worship. He said, "That was In case you (mankind) should say on the day of Resurrection, "Verily we were unaware of all this." That is to say, we had no idea that You Allah, were our God. No one told us that we were only supposed to worship You alone. Allah went on to explain That it was also In case you should say, "Certainly It was our ancestors who made partners (With Allah) and we are only their descendants; will You then destroy us for what those liars did?" Thus, every child is born with a natural belief in Allah and an inborn inclination to worship Him alone called in Arabic the "Fitrah".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the child were left alone, he would worship Allah in his own way, but all children are affected by those things around them, seen or unseen.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Prophet (saws) reported that Allah said, "I created my servants in the right religion but devils made them go astray". The Prophet (saws) also said, "Each child is born in a state of "Fitrah", then his parents make him a Jew, Christian or a Zoroastrian, the way an animal gives birth to a normal offspring. Have you noticed any that were born mutilated?" (Collected by Al-Bukhari and Muslim).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, just as the child submits to the physical laws, which Allah has put in nature, his soul also submits naturally to the fact that Allah is his Lord and Creator. But, his parents try to make him follow their own way and the child is not strong enough in the early stages of his life to resist or oppose the will of his parents. The religion, which the child follows at this stage, is one of custom and upbringing and Allah does not hold him to account or punish him for this religion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Throughout people's lives from childhood until the time they die, signs are shown to them in all regions of the earth and in their own souls, until it becomes clear that there is only one true God (Allah). If the people are honest with themselves, reject their false gods and seek Allah, the way will be made easy for them but if they continually reject Allah's signs and continue to worship creation, the more difficult it will be for them to escape. For example, in the South-Eastern region of the Amazon jungle in Brazil, South America, a primitive tribe erected a new hut to house their main idol Skwatch, representing the supreme God of all creation. The homage to the God, and while he was in prostration to what he had been taught was his Creator and Sustainer, a mangy old flea-ridden dog walked into the hut, The young man looked up in time to see the dog lift its hind leg and pass urine on the idol. Outraged, the youth chased the dog out of the temple, but when his rage died down he realized that the idol could not be the Lord of the universe. Allah must be elsewhere. he now had a choice to act on his knowledge and seek Allah, or to dishonestly go along with the false beliefs of his tribe. As strange as it may seem, that was a sign from Allah for that young man. It contained within it divine guidance that what he was worshipping was false.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prophets were sent, as was earlier mentioned, to every nation and tribe to support man's natural belief in Allah and man's inborn inclination to worship Him as well as to reinforce the divine truth in the daily signs revealed by Allah. Although, in most cases, much of the Prophet’s (saws) teachings became distorted, portions remained which point out right and wrong. For example, the ten commandments of the Torah, their confirmation in the Gospels and the existence of laws against murder, stealing and adultery in most societies. Consequently, every soul will be held to account for its belief in Allah and its acceptance of the religion of Islam; the total submission to the will of Allah.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We pray to Allah, the exalted, to keep us on the right path to which He has guided us, and to bestow on us a blessing from Him, He is indeed the Most Merciful. Praise and gratitude be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, and peace and blessings be on prophet Muhammad, his Family, his companions, and those who rightly follow them.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

"For People Who Think"
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by A. Abd Allah

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contents: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. - On The Nature of God[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. - The Nature of Man[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. - Free Will and Reason Applied[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. - The Presence of Evil[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. - This Life and the Next[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. - Messengers and Prophets[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. - Eternal Salvation[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. - Forgiveness of God[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. - The Straight Way[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Final Book [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some people reject God because they can find no evidence for Him, which satisfies both their hearts and minds simultaneously. Then there are others who accept God on the basis of emotional or irrational reasons, which satisfy their hearts, but leave their minds unsure. These two groups of people have never found a satisfying answer to the question of their relationship with God. Then there are yet others who have found the correct path which God intended for us: to accept Him and His message to us using our minds first and foremost, and the heart follows easily and naturally as a consequence. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instead of searching for the answer, there are also some people who chose to simply brush the question aside and ignore it unfortunately. This is the easy way out of what appears to be a very difficult, mysterious question which may seem to have no final solution. Most of these people are unaware of a very powerful message, which completely and unequivocally establishes the correct path to God. This message squares with both the mind and the heart, and it has no equal since it comes to us straight from God Himself. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The message comes in the form of a book. In fact, God has given us several Books of guidance through the years, but each one was ultimately corrupted and changed by dishonest people. Each Book essentially contained the same fundamental message as the previous Books. Mankind was expected to guard these Books from harm, but unfortunately failed to live up to this expectation. Slowly but surely, each Book was edited and tampered with, destroying its authenticity. This is partly why God kept sending us more revelations. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, almost 1400 years ago, God sent us another Book with the same basic message as the earlier ones, but with a small but very important difference. This time, God decreed that this Book would be the last Book sent down to us because God would protect it Himself. Regarding this Final Book, God said, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Behold, it is We Ourselves who have bestowed from on high this reminder: and behold, it is We who shall truly guard it" [Qur'an 15: 9][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today, if we compare the 114 chapters in every copy of this Final Book with each other, we will find they match perfectly word for word - from the oldest copies made 1400-plus years ago to the ones printed just a few hours ago. No human hand has changed it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The rational person has every right to be doubtful, of course, if he or she has never read this book. For such people, here is a small sample of what the Final Book contains. Suppose we wanted to ask God several questions about Him and about ourselves. Short of Him speaking to us directly (such a privilege has been granted to only one person out of all humanity), the Book has the best answers one can find. It is on the strength of these answers that an honest person may be struck with the conviction that the Final Book is from none other than God Almighty. Again, here is only a small part of the information one might find. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. On The Nature of God [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who is God? God explains in His Final Book that it is quite simply impossible for us to completely understand Him. We cannot pinpoint a definition of the Creator, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Glory to the Sustainer of the heavens and the earth - the Sustainer, in Almighty enthroned - from all that they may attribute to Him by way of definition" [Qur'an 43:82] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our inability to completely understand God does not mean that He is completely remote from us. In spite of our limited understanding, we are all quite capable of turning to God, and He is not unaware of our efforts, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...and unto thy Sustainer turn with love." [Qur'an 94:8][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Behold, for those who stand in awe of God although He is beyond the reach of their perception, there is forgiveness in store and a great reward" [Qur'an 67:12][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God has not left mankind entirely in the dark regarding His Nature. He refers to Himself by approximately 100 names in various places throughout the Final Book. Each name is a descriptive attribute of God, and they are all meant to help us understand the Creator. To gain this understanding involves simply thinking about God and reflecting on His names and this type of awareness is a central pillar of faith (i.e. when one actively remembers God and is conscious of Him). A second benefit of these names is that some of them provide mankind with ideals to try to attain. For example, since God is the Most Forgiving, Most Patient, and Most Knowledgeable, we should each strive to be forgiving, patient, and knowledgeable (educated in our case). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of all His attributes, God emphasizes a single one above all others in His Final Book: that HE IS ONE. God is not two, three, four, or more beings. There is only one deity, and He is God, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Say: `He is God, Unique
God the Eternal, the Independent.
He begets not, and neither is He begotten.
And there is nothing that could be compared to Him.'"
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Qur'an 112:1-4] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In other places of the Final Book, God emphasizes His Greatness and the impossibility of fully grasping Him by using the plural sense of pronouns for Himself - but He is strictly One and Unique with no other partners or deities. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After this aspect of Unity, God chose to emphasize two of His other names more often than the rest in the Final Book: "the Most Merciful, the One who acts Mercifully." In fact, each chapter but one in the whole Book starts with, "In the Name of God, the Most Merciful, the One who Acts Mercifully." These two names cannot be emphasized enough. They are meant to stress we should not let our sins keep us from coming back to God and calling to Him at all times, in joy or sadness. The Creator is more aware of our imperfections than we are, and so when we stumble and feel bad, God is far more likely to be kind than angry. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Last Messenger and Prophet of God (i.e. the person whom God chose to deliver the Final Book to the rest of mankind) commented on God's mercy by informing us that, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When God decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: `My mercy prevails over my wrath.'" - the Last Messenger[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"God says: I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with Him when He makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him with speed." - the Last Messenger
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. The Nature of Man [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who are we, and what makes us different from all other things? We are creations of God, along with the rest of the universe. We are human beings, all descendants of a common ancestry well known to most of us: Adam and Eve. Humanity, however, is distinct from the rest of the universe in a very fundamental way according to the Final Book, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Verily, We did offer the trust to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains: but they refused to bear it because they were afraid of it. Yet man took it up - for verily he has always been prone to be most wicked, most foolish." [Qur'an 33:72] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Over the years, many scholars of the Book have tried to understand exactly what God meant by "the trust". The most convincing argument (based on other parts of the Book, and on certain statements of the Last Messenger) is that it refers to our ability to make decisions both freely and intelligently. In other words, our uniqueness as human beings stems from two gifts given to us by God: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* our ability to freely choose between actions (good and evil) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* our ability to intelligently weigh and make those choices [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The price of these gifts is a tremendous amount of responsibility on our part; the responsibility not to abuse our gifts by rejecting God or by hurting each other unnecessarily. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The blessings of these two gifts are immeasurable, especially when God reminds us that He could have decided things otherwise by depriving us of either gift, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Now had it been Our will [that men should not be able to discern between right and wrong], We could surely have deprived them of their sight, so that they would stray forever from the
way: for how could they have had insight [into what is true]? And had it been Our will [that they should not be free to choose between right and wrong], We could surely have transformed them [rooted] in their places, so that they would not be able to move forward, and could not turn back." [Qur'an 36:66-67]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, God did NOT will this, and as a result we are blessed with will and reason. The Final Book clearly warns against abusing these blessings, either by neglecting ourselves when we don't think wisely, or by hurting others when we deny them the right to choose, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Verily, the vilest of all creatures in the sight of God are those deaf, those dumb ones who do not use their reason." [Qur'an 8:22][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There shall be no coercion in matters of faith. Distinct has now become the right way from error: hence he who rejects evil and believes in God has indeed taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way: for God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing." [Qur'an 2:256][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In spite of mankind's free will and reason, God warns us in His Book always to remember that these gifts are limited after all. The Final Word lies with Him in all matters. However, this is not to say that men's destinies are arbitrary - not at all. We are able to make decisions that affect our lives, but at the same time, God is also making decisions about us and for us, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And had thy Sustainer so willed, all those who live on earth would surely have attained to faith, all of them: do you then think that you could compel people to believe, notwithstanding that no human being can ever attain to faith otherwise than by God's leave, and [that] it is He who lays the loathsome evil [of disbelief] upon those who will not use their reason." [Qur'an 10:99-100][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...Verily, God does not change men's condition unless they change their inner selves..." [Qur'an 13:11]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Free Will and Reason Applied [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has God given mankind a clear path to Him? In essence, every rational reader would like to know if they can trust the authenticity of the Final Book. It is perfectly natural to feel that way; after all, this is the outcome of our God-given gift of reason. However, our own sceptical minds are the keys here: the Final Book, according to God, is addressed to people, who think, pure and simple, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...In this, behold, there are messages indeed for people who think." [Qur'an 39:42][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Thus clearly do We spell out these messages unto people who use their reason." [Qur'an 30:28][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No one but God can make a human being believe in the Truth of the Final Book, but that human being has to read it with an open mind, applying his or her powers of reason. The price of limited free will is that we must choose to be guided. Those people who do search for the Truth with an open mind and heart may find that the Final Book, while vast, is surprisingly clear, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Nay, but this [divine writ] consists of messages self-evident in the breasts of those who have been given knowledge - and none could knowingly reject Our messages unless it be such as would do wrong [to themselves]." [Qur'an 29:49] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"This divine writ - let there be no doubt about it - is a guidance for all the God-conscious..." [Qur'an 2:2][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The guidance of the Final Book is available to anyone, who goes in search of it, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[O men!] We have now bestowed upon you from on high a divine writ containing all that you ought to bear in mind: will you not, then, use your reason?" [Qur'an 21:10] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of the most interesting aspects of the authenticity of the Final Book is the quantity of scientifically accurate statements in it - on subjects not even dreamed of 1400 years ago. A sample of these includes the following: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· a large explosion marking the start of creation (Big Bang) [Qur'an 21:30] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the initial Smokey (nebulous) nature of the skies [Qur'an 41:11] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the expansion of the universe [Qur'an 51:41] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the presence of a huge amount of time before mankind appeared [Qur'an 76:1] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the existence of sun and moon orbits [Qur'an 21;33] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the finite sun and moon lifetimes [Qur'an 13:2] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the final destination of the sun (Solar Apex) [Qur'an 36:38] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· the origin of all life based in water [Qur'an 21:30] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In fact, God states that the amazing beauty and intricacy of the natural world around us, as well as our own complex biological makeup, will ultimately lead us to Him as we grow in understanding, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In time, We shall make them fully understand Our messages [through what they perceive] in the utmost horizons [of the universe] and within themselves, so that it will become clear unto them this [revelation] is indeed the truth. Is it not enough that thy Sustainer is witness unto everything?" [Qur'an 41:53][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. The Presence of Evil [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why does God allow men and women to be hurt? There are some people who use the presence of suffering and evil in this world as grounds to lose hope and perhaps even to reject God. However, according to the Final Book, the limited free will and reason of human beings destroys that argument. We are responsible for what we do, and must bear the consequences - that is the liability or price of freedom. The evil that we do and suffer from is chosen by us and not by God, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...God wills no wrong to His creation." [Qur'an 3:108] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, God also guarantees us that aside from our own evil actions and their effects, God Himself will put us through some trials and tribulations here on earth - but the key is they will never be more than we can handle, and they may even be good for us, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If misfortune touches you [know that] similar misfortune has touched [other] people as well; for it is by turns that We apportion unto men such days [of fortune and misfortune]: and [this] to the end that God might mark out those who have attained to faith, and choose from among you such as [with their lives] bear witness to the truth - since God does not love evildoers - and that God might render pure of all dross those who have attained to faith, and bring to nought those who deny the truth. Do you think that you could enter Paradise unless God takes cognisance of your having striven hard [in His cause], and takes cognisance of your being patient in adversity?" [Qur'an 3:140-142][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear: in his favour shall be whatever good he does, and against him whatever evil he does..." [Qur'an 2:286][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An integral part of our being aware of God is hope and patience in times of hardship. In fact, the loss of hope is actually one of the symptoms of rejection of God, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[Prophet Abraham] exclaimed, `And who - other than those who have utterly lost their way - could ever abandon the hope of his Sustainer's grace?'" [Qur'an 15:56] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The greatest source of hope is that God shall allow those people who accept Him to enter Paradise and, more importantly, to be close to Him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Final Book contains many references on Paradise, and also on Hell, the destination of those people who knowingly reject God. Paradise is quite literally a place of indescribable joy, whereas Hell is its indescribable opposite (both places are given only partial descriptions in the Book). While the inhabitants of Paradise are permanent dwellers, the inmates of Hell are not necessarily imprisoned there forever; there are some that shall ultimately be freed, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[But] verily, as for those who attain to faith and do righteous deeds - the gardens of Paradise will be there to welcome them; therein will they abide, [and] never will they desire any change there from." [Qur'an 18:107-108][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And whoever rebels against God and His Apostle and transgresses His bounds, him will He commit unto fire, therein to abide; and shameful suffering awaits him." [Qur'an 4:14][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said `There is no deity except God' and who has in his heart goodness weighing a barley-corn; then there shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said `There is no deity except God' and who has in his heart goodness weighing a grain of wheat; then there shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said `There is no deity except God' and who has in his heart goodness weighing an atom." - the Last Messenger
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. This Life and the Next [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is the end to men's lives? There are two parts to men's lives: the part here on earth, and the part in the Hereafter. The dividing line between the two is known as death, followed by the Day of Judgement or Resurrection. As far as death is concerned, everyone must go through it, but on Judgement Day people will be sorted out from each other into different categories, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Every human being is bound to taste death: but only on the Day of Resurrection will you be requited in full [for what you have done]..." [Qur'an 3:185] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Day will actually be a huge period of time (not a regular 24-hour day) in which every single human will be resurrected and judged by God on his or her beliefs and deeds. No human being - not even any Prophet - knows when this Day will come, for this is knowledge known only to God. The Final Book does describe it in several passages as a giant disaster on many scales (physical and ecological among others), and the Last Messenger was told of some of its foreshadowing signs, which he communicated, to us. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Messengers and Prophets [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who delivered God's Message to mankind? God has sent us many `reminders' of Him and of our obligations to Him over the centuries, culminating in the Final Book almost 1400 years ago. Every one of those `reminders' was delivered to us via a selected human being, one who was strong enough to deliver God's message to his people. These human beings are called the Prophets. They were not supernatural or immortal or different in any way from other human beings except that they were entrusted by God to speak in His Name, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"For [even] before thy time, [O Prophet], we never sent [as Our messengers] any but [mortal] men, whom We inspired - hence [tell the deniers of the truth] `If you do not know this, ask the followers of earlier revelation' - and neither did We endow them with bodies that ate no food, nor were they immortal." [Qur'an 21:7-8] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some of the Prophets were allowed to perform supernatural miracles but only with God's permission (i.e. if He willed it). However, the Final Book stresses that every Prophet is no more than a servant of God - they do not have a share in His Divinity. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is also a small group of Prophets who were also Messengers. Every Prophet has called his people to the Truth, but Messengers were additionally given a rejuvenated Message from God to convey. Every Messenger is a Prophet, but not every Prophet is a Messenger. There have been many Prophets, of which here are the names of a few mentioned in the Book: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Elijah, Elias, David, Solomon, Jonah, Job, Zacharias, John, Jesus, and, of course, the Last Messenger. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Eternal Salvation [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Are certain people arbitrarily guaranteed the Favour of God, while others are excluded? The Mercy of God is not restricted arbitrarily to any one peoples. Everyone and anyone is free to accept the path to God using their own free will and reason, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And they claim, `None shall ever enter Paradise unless he be a Jew' - or `a Christian'. Such are their wishful beliefs! Say [to them, O Prophet]: `Produce an evidence for what you are claiming, if what you say is true!' Yea, indeed: everyone who surrenders his whole being unto God, and is a doer of good, shall have his reward with his Sustainer, and all such need have no fear, and neither shall they grieve." [Qur'an 2:111-112] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The consequence of this is responsibility - everyone will be held accountable on the Day of Judgement. Some of us may be uncomfortable with this, but it is simply the price of freedom, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It may not accord with your wishful thinking - nor with the wishful thinking of the followers of earlier revelation - [that] he who does evil shall be requited for it, and shall find none to protect him from God, and none to bring him succour, whereas anyone - be it man or woman - who does good deeds and is a believer, shall enter paradise, and shall not be wronged by as much as [would fill] the groove of a date-stone." [Qur'an 4:123-124][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. Forgiveness of God [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If we sin, what should we expect from God? If we subsequently feel guilty and repent after doing something evil, God wants us to expect Him to be forgiving, forgiving, and more forgiving. However, there is one sin which God will not forgive: worshipping anything besides Him (unless the person realizes his or her error and returns to worshipping the One God), [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Verily God does not forgive the ascribing of divinity to anything beside Him, although He forgives any lesser sin to whomever He wills: for he who ascribes divinity to anything beside God has indeed contrived an awesome sin." [Qur'an 4:48][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Say, `O you servants of Mine who have transgressed against your own selves! Despair not of God's Mercy: behold, God forgives all sins - for verily, He alone is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.'" [Qur'an 39:53][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Again, the most common phrase in the Final Book is "In the Name of God, the Most Merciful, the One who acts Mercifully." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Last Messenger commented on God's forgiveness on many occasions as in the following case, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"God has said, `O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [i.e. the earth]'". - the Last Messenger[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. The Straight Way [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is the name for the way of life described in the Final Book? It is Islam, and it means "self-surrender [to God]". Any man or woman who accepts Islam is a Muslim. The Final Book is called the Qur'an (meaning "the Recitation"), and it is addressed to all of mankind in spite of being revealed in Arabic, the language of its Messenger and his people: Muhammad bin Abd-Allah. The life of the Prophet serves as the other base of Islam (the first being the Qur'an), and it is known as the Sunnah. Muhammad is the Last Prophet and Messenger of God as the Qur'an says, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[And know, O believers, that] Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but is God's Apostle and the Seal of all the Prophets..." [Qur'an 33:40] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And God has revealed to us His proper name, and it is ALLAH. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Qur'an contains a great deal of guidance and information for anyone looking for final answers. The information given in this small essay is only the tip of the tip of the iceberg. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no substitute for reading the Qur'an itself in its entirety - it is the closest we can come to having God speak to us directly and personally here on Earth. The Qur'an answers many questions which are commonly asked by today's men and women. Its scope is wide: from fundamental issues such as the nature of the Creator and mankind's limited free will and reason, to the more mundane such as marriage laws and whom to give charity to. Islam as described in the Qur'an is vastly and almost completely different than Islam as understood by most non-Muslims and even a few Muslims. The negative image of Islam today is an incredibly misleading deception. It is based on the moral weakness of some people who claim to be Muslims, and also on the unawareness of non-Muslims. Behind this image is the presence of a Truth, which answers the fundamental questions, we have, and which can reunite us with God. It is there for us to listen to, or to ignore. And Allah Knows Best. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And [know that] We have not created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in mere idle play..." [Qur'an 21:16][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Will they not, then, try to understand this Qur'an? Had it issued from any but God, they would surely have found in it many an inner contradiction!" [Qur'an 4:82] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"We did not bestow the Qur'an on thee from on high to make thee unhappy." [Qur'an 20:2][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[O men!] We have now bestowed upon you from on high a divine writ containing all that you ought to bear in mind: will you not, then, use your reason?" [Qur'an 21:10][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...so remember Me, and I shall remember you; and be grateful to Me, and deny Me not." [Qur'an 2:152][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Verily, those who attain to faith and do righteous deeds will the Most Gracious endow with love." [Qur'an 19:96][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Say [O Prophet]: `If you love God, follow me, [and] God will love you and forgive you your sins; for God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.'" [Qur'an 3:31] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Say: `If all the sea were ink for my Sustainers words, the sea would indeed be exhausted ere my Sustainers words are exhausted! And [thus it would be] if we were to add to it sea upon sea.'" [Qur'an 18:109][/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

Who Created the Universe and Why ?

Contents:
Can it Be that the Universe Created Itself?
The Scientific Proof
Some Unmistakable Signs of the Creator
Signs for the Aware
The Creation of Heaven and Earth
The Creation of Mankind
Signs in the Other Creatures
Allah, The Creator Subjected the Universe to Human Control
The Purpose of the Creation of Human Beings?
A Question for the Atheist
Can it Be that the Universe Created Itself?

Virtually every human being has pondered this question. Some answered by saying that the formation of the universe was merely a coincidence. Others felt there must be an unseen Creator. In what will follow, we will try to assist you in answering this question. Our approach will depend primarily on the text of the Qur'an (the Word of Allah (i.e. God), inspired to Prophet Muhammad (saws)). We request only that you open your mind and read.

Allah asks in the Qur'an:
35. Were they created out of nothing? Or were they themselves the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they are sure of nothing!
(Qur'an 52:35-36)
Most deny or ignore the existence of The Creator because they cannot see Him. However, there are many things which we do not see, but yet we believe in their existence. Further, most of us believe in creatures which exist yet undiscovered and undocumented.
Many reject the existence of The Creator, believing only in science and data gathered and confirmed by its canonical methods. But, on any given day, the same person might find himself in love, deep remorse or sadness. And while contriving the most complex and personal thoughts, he does not, at the time, suppose that his feelings are a random product of firing neurons. How can he then believe that the only distinction between a corpse and a living person is the absence of organ functionality. That we need only revive his physical body to restore him to normality.
The Scientific Proof

Let us imagine ourselves standing in a laboratory stocked with beakers and test tubes containing all sorts of chemical compounds. Then suppose an earthquake has just occurred upsetting the shelved vessels, sending their contents spilling onto the laboratory floor. It would be a very strange coincidence indeed to find new life forms generating themselves where none had existed before.

You might say, 'Your analogy didn't account for time - these organisms need time to evolve.' We ask, 'How much time should we have allowed? Was there enough time since the beginning of the universe to allow for their self-induced formation?'
Let's hear from Swiss mathematician Charles Eugene Jai. In an experiment aimed at answering this very question, Jai set out to calculate the probability of the random formation of a single protein molecule. Jai 'helped' the situation by assuming the existence of formative elements, and by selecting a protein consisting of only 2,000 atoms (An average protein might consist of 32,000 atoms or more). Jai also assumed that the protein would consist of only 2 unique formative atoms.
He determined the value of probability by considering the size of the material and the time necessary for the random formation to occur. He calculated that the probability of forming even a simplified protein molecule was approximately 1 in 5 x 10 e+320 !
The size of the material necessary to produce that almost zero probability would have been a sphere with a diameter of approximately 6 x 10 e+176 miles - about 10 e+63 times bigger than the imagined size of the universe. Finally, the time necessary for the molecule to form was 10 e+243 billion years. This was far greater than the supposed age of the universe - only about 2 billion years.
He concluded that the universe was neither old enough, nor big enough to allow for the random formation of even a simple protein molecule. It was impossible for the universe to have created itself, and for life to randomly form. We must then consider another course. There is a Creator who created the universe.
Some Unmistakable Signs of the Creator

Allah said in the Qur'an:

53. We* (Allah) shall show them Our Signs on the horizons and within themselves, until it becomes clear to them that it is the Truth. Is it not sufficient that the Lord is Witness over all things?
(Qur'an 41:53)
* One of the usages of 'we' in Arabic is for glorifying and indicating the greatness of a person. Here it indicates greatness and not plurality.
We live in an amazing universe. It is a universe peculiarly balanced, and purposefully tempered as if to provide a safe host for living creatures.
According to modern astronomers, the universe is expanding. They hold that if gravity had been only slightly stronger, it would have overtaken expansion very early and caused the universe to collapse. Had gravity been slightly weaker, universe expansion would have become a runaway process, not allowing time for the formation of galaxies and stars.
If either of these had occurred, there would never have been an Earth on which creatures could live. This universe seems designed, even meticulously tailored to provide suitable conditions for living. If other basic ratios and constants had been just slightly different, the universe would not have been favourable to our existence.
If, for instance, the strong and weak nuclear forces were slightly stronger relative to the electromagnetic forces, hydrogen would not exist in its ordinary form. This would mean that heavier elements, such as carbon and oxygen - two of the essential building blocks of life - would never have existed.
The strength of gravity is crucial to the existence of life in the universe in another way. If it were weaker, then it could not crush the material in a star the size of the Sun with enough force to ignite its thermonuclear reactions. Only very massive stars would shine, and such stars would probably have too short lifespan to allow for the development of life.
These indications that the universe has been arranged to favour the appearance and survival of life has been taken very seriously by certain scientists. Prominent among them is astronomer Brandon Carter. Modern science estimates that it has taken 4 billion years for human beings to evolve from unicellular life forms. Carter has calculated that the average period for any evolution of this magnitude should take much longer - about 10 billion years. That is longer than the lifespan of a Sun-sized star, and much longer than the period of life-favourable conditions on Earth.
It would seem that intelligent life appeared on Earth despite its high improbability. We are again pulled towards recognizing the Creator.
Signs for the Aware

164. Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of the night and day, and the sailing of ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind, and the water which Allah sends down from the skies, thereby reviving the earth after its death, and dispersing therein all kinds of beasts, and (in) the ordinance of the winds, and the clouds subjugated between heaven and earth: are signs for people who have sense.

(Qur'an 2:164)
The Creation of Heaven and Earth

60. Who has created the heavens and the earth, and Who sends down for you water from the sky? Yea, with it We cause to grow well-planted orchards full of beauty and delight: it never has been yours to cause to grow. Could there be another god besides Allah? Nay, but they are people who swerve from justice.

61. Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in, and placed rivers in its folds, and set upon it immovable mountains, and made a barrier between the two seas (fresh and salt waters)? Could there be another god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.
62. Or, Who answers the one distressed when he calls unto Him, and Who relieves the harm, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Little do they reflect!
63. Or, Who guides you through the depths of darkness in the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of His Mercy? Could there be another god besides Allah? High is Allah above what they ascribe to Him!
64. Or, Who originates creation, then repeats it, and Who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Say, " Bring your proof, if you are truthful!"
65. Say: None in the heavens or on earth, except Allah, knows what is hidden. Nor are they able to perceive when they shall be resurrected (for Judgment).
(Qur'an 27:60-65)
9. Allah is He Who sends the winds which push up the clouds. Then He leads them unto a dead land and revive therewith the earth after its death. Such is the Resurrection!
(Qur'an 35:9)
27. Have they not seen that Allah causes water to fall from the sky? Then with it We produce fruit of various colours; and among the hills are streaks white and red, and of various colours, and (others) of raven-black.
28. And so amongst men and beasts and cattle, in like manner, various colours. Verily those who truly fear Allah, among His Servants, are those endued with knowledge, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.
(Qur'an 35:27-28)
65. Allah sends down water from the sky and therewith revives the earth after its death. Verily in this is a sign for those who listen.
(Qur'an 16:65)
6. Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have constructed it and beautified it, and how there are no rifts in it?
7. And We have spread out the earth, and have flung firm hills therein, and have caused every lovely thing to grow thereon (in pairs).
8. A vision and a reminder for every repentant servant.
9. And We send down from the sky blessed water whereby We give growth unto gardens and the grain of crops,
10. And lofty date-palms with ranged clusters.
11. Provision (made) for (Allah's) Servants; and therewith We quicken a dead land. Like so will be the resurrection of the dead.
(Qur'an 50:6-11)
2. Allah is He Who raised the heavens without pillars that you can see, then mounted the Throne, and compelled the sun and the moon to be of service (to his Law)! Each runs (its course) unto an appointed term. He regulates all affairs, explaining the revelations, that you may be certain of the meeting with your Lord.
3. And Allah is He who spread out the earth and placed therein firm hills and flowing streams, and of all fruits He placed therein two spouses (male and female). He covered the night with day. Behold! Herein verily are signs for people who take thought.
4. And in the Earth are neighbouring tracts, vineyard and ploughed lands, and palm trees, like and unlike, watered with one water (the same water). And We have made some of them to excel others in fruit. Behold! Herein verily are signs for people who have sense.
(Qur'an 13:2-4)
The Creation of Mankind

12. Verily We created man from a product of wet earth (clay).

13. Then placed him as a drop (of sperm) in a safe lodging.
14. Then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators!
15. Then Behold! After that you surely will die.
16. Then, on the Day of Resurrection you will be raised (again).
(Qur'an 23:12-16)
78. And Allah brought you forth from the wombs of your mothers knowing nothing, and gave you hearing and sight and hearts that you might give thanks.
(Qur'an 16:78)
19. He brings forth the living from the dead, and He brings forth the dead from the living, and He revives the earth after its death. And like so you will be brought forth (from death).
20. And of His Signs is this: He created you from dust, and then, behold you are human beings, ranging widely!
21. And of His Signs is this: He created for you mates from yourselves that you might find rest in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Behold! Herein indeed are Signs for those who reflect.
22. And of His Signs are the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations of your languages and colours. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who know.
23. And of His Signs is your sleep by night and by day, and your seeking of His Bounty. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who heed.
24. And of His Signs is this: He shows you the lightning for fear and for hope, and sends down water from the sky, and thereby revives the earth after its death. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who understand.
(Qur'an 30:19-24)
Signs in the Other Creatures

66. Behold! In the cattle there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, from between the refuse and the blood, pure milk palatable to the drinkers.

67. And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, you derive strong drink and (also) good food. Behold! Therein is indeed a sign for people who have sense.
68. And the Lord inspired the (female) bee: "Choose your habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they (humans) dwell."
69. "Then eat of all fruits, and follow the paths of your Lord (which were) made smooth". There comes forth from their bellies a drink of diverse hues (honey), and wherein is healing for mankind. Behold! Herein is indeed a sign for people who give thought.
(Qur'an 16:66-69)
34. And We have placed therein gardens of the date-palm and grapes, and We have caused springs of water to gush forth therein.
35. That they may eat of the fruit thereof, which their hands did not make. Will they not, then, give thanks?
36. Glory be to Him Who created all the pairs of that which the earth grows, and of themselves, and of that which they know not!
37. And a reminder for them is night. We strip it of the day, and behold! They are in darkness.
38. And the sun runs on unto a resting-place (orbit) for it. That is the measuring of the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
39. And for the moon We have appointed mansions until it returns like an old shriveled palm-leaf.
40. It is not permitted that the sun catch up to the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day: All float in an orbit.
41. And a reminder for them is that We bear their offspring in laden ship,
42. And We have created for them similar on which they ride.
43. And if We will, We drown them, and there is no help for them, neither can they be saved.
44. Unless by mercy from Us and as comfort for a while.
45. When they are told: Fear that which is before you and that which is behind you, that you may find mercy (they are heedless).
46. Never did a sign come to them (the unbelievers) of the signs of their Lord, but they did turn away from it!
(Qur'an 36:33-46)
Allah, The Creator Subjected the Universe to Human Control

5. And the cattle He has created for you. From them you have warm clothing and uses, and whereof you eat.

6. And wherein is beauty for you, when you bring them home, and when you take them out to pasture.
7. And they carry your loads unto a land you could not reach except with souls distressed. Behold! Your Lord is indeed Most Kind, Most Merciful.
8. And (He has created) horses and mules and donkeys that you may ride them, and for ornament. And He creates that which you know not.
9. And depend on Allah for direction to the Straight Path, but some (paths) go not straight: And had He willed He would have led you all aright (by His Guidance).
10. Allah is He Who sends down water from the sky, from it you have drink, and out of it (grows) the vegetation with which you feed your cattle.
11. Therewith He causes crops to grow for you, and the olive and the date-palm and grapes and fruits of all kinds. Behold! Herein is indeed a sign for people who reflect.
12. And He has constrained the night and the day and the sun and the moon to be of service unto you, and the stars are made subservient by His command. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for people who have sense.
13. And whatsoever He has created for you in the earth of diverse hues, Behold! Therein is indeed a sign for people who take heed.
14. And Allah is He Who has constrained the sea to be of service that you eat thereof flesh that is fresh and tender, and bring forth from it ornaments to wear. And you see the ships plowing therein, that you (mankind) may seek of His bounty and that you may be grateful.
15. And He has cast into the earth firm hills that it quakes not with you, and streams and roads that you may find your way.
16. And landmarks (too), and by the stars they find their ways.
17. Is He then Who creates like one who does not create? Will you not then remember?
18. And if you try to count the favours of Allah you cannot number them. Behold! Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
(Qur'an 16:5-18)
80. Allah has given you in your houses and abode, and has given you (also), of the hides of cattle, houses which you find light (to carry) on the day of migration and on the day of pitching camp; and of their wool and their fur and their hair, caparison and comfort (to serve you) for a time.
81. And Allah has given you, of that which He has created, shelter from the sun; and has given you places of refuge in the mountains, and has given you coats with which to ward off the heat, and coats (of armour) to save you from your own foolhardiness. Thus He perfects His favour unto you, in order that you may surrender (unto Him).
82. But if they turn away, your duty is only to preach the Clear Message.
83. They (the unbelievers) know the favour of Allah but then deny it. Most of them are ingrates.
(Qur'an 16:80-83)
5. Allah is He Who appointed the sun a splendour and the moon a light, and measured for it stages, that you might know the number of the years, and the count (of time). Allah did not create (all) that but in Truth. He details the revelations for people who have knowledge.
6. Behold! In the difference of day and night and all that Allah has created in the heavens and the earth are portents, for those who fear Him.
(Qur'an 10:5-6)
17. Will they not look at the camels, how they are created?
18. And the heavens, how it is raised?
19. And the hills, how they are fixed firms?
20. And the earth, how it is spread out?
21. Remind them, for you are not but a reminder.
(Qur'an 88:17-21)
The Purpose of the Creation of Human Beings?

16. We did not create the heaven and the earth and all that is between them in play.

17. If We had wished to find pastime, We could have found it in Our Presence - if ever We did.
(Qur'an 21:16-17)
56. I have not created jinn nor men except to worship Me.
57. I seek no livelihood from them, nor do I ask them to feed Me.
58. Behold! Allah is He Who gives livelihood, the Lord of Unbreakable Might.
(Qur'an 51:56-58)
A Question for the Atheist

Suppose that your belief is right (i.e. there is no God), then what are we (who believe in Allah) going to lose after death? But on the other hand what will happen to you if we are right? Nothing but hell. So make your choice wisely either believe in Allah, or stay hopeless in this life without knowing where you came from, where are you going to or why are you in this life.

Perhaps you may live another fifty or sixty years ignoring Allah, then you will return to Him and His Severe Punishment because of your disbelief.
On the contrary, if you believe in Allah and do good, you will return to Him and dwell in Paradise having whatsoever you wish. Whatever be your decision, we have given you the message but it is as Allah has said:
80. Behold! You can not make the dead to hear, nor can you make the deaf to hear the call, when they have turned to flee.
81. Nor can you guide the blind out of their straying. You can make none to hear, except those who believe in Our Revelations, and who have surrendered.
(Qur'an 27:80-81)
Note: All English verses are translations of the meanings of the Qur'an which was revealed in Arabic.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is your Birthright

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mankind and the universe were not created by accident or chance, but according to the plan of the Creator, who is known as Allah (lit.: the one God) in Islam. The Qur'an states that it is the duty of all individuals to learn about Allah and to live according to His will. As we cannot accomplish this be ourselves, Allah has sent messengers and prophets to guide humanity All of these chosen individuals have brought the same message and have served as examples to their people of how Allah desires all human beings to live. Through these selected people, we have been told why mankind was created, what will happen to us after death, and what Allah expects of us. But most importantly, we have been told that Allah is unique-He has no partners, no sons or daughters, and no competitors, as so many other man-made religious systems have postulated. This message always remains the same, whereas the laws laid down for a particular might show some slight differences.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Muhammad, the last of Allah's prophets, was sent to present Allah's revelation in its final form and for the last time. This was necessary because the message delivered by the previous prophets and messengers had been corrupted or distorted by their followers. They had been mixed with philosophical speculations, superstitions, myths, and neglect. Therefore, Islam is not a new religion-it is a restatement of the original religion of Allah in its purest form and is designed to provide humanity with the uncorrupted message of Allah.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is an Arabic word that denotes submission and obedience to Allah. It also means "peace," for it brings peace of mind as well as peace on the individual and the social levels.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THE FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Islam, the term "worship" covers any action that one does in accordance with the will of Allah. It can be mental, physical, spoken, or otherwise. All such actions will be rewarded.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are five acts of worship that are so fundamental that the Prophet grouped them together as the five pillars of Islam. Every Muslim is expected to fulfil these obligations. They are:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THE DECLARATION OF MONOTHEISM:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recognizing and acknowledging the monotheistic nature of Allah stands at the core of Islam. This consists of a public affirmation that "there is no god but Allah (God), and Muhammad is His Messenger." One cannot be a Muslim until he states this fact in the presence of Muslim witnesses.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PRAYERS:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Muslim must perform the five daily prayers. These must be performed at specific times, corresponding roughly with dawn, noon, afternoon, sunset, and nightfall. The prayers can be made in any clean place, but it is preferable to pray them with others in a mosque, for this communal undertaking acts as a reminder that all Muslims are equal. When many people are praying together, it becomes clear that color, economic status, social position, and all other artificial distinctions have no importance to Allah, for all Muslims are commanded to stand together, shoulder to shoulder, and prostrate themselves before Him. There are no exceptions. Prayers also elevated the individual to a higher level of morality, purifies his heart, and helps him to resist his desire to engage in forbidden activities.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FASTING THE MONTH OF RAMADAN:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every year during the Muslim month of Ramadan, Muslims abstain from food, drink, and sexual activity from dawn to sunset. While this gives the body a much needed rest and improves ones health by getting rid of excess weight, it also increases ones commitment to Allah, develops his social conscience, and reminds him of how the less fortunate live every day In addition, it strengthens one's patience, self-restraint, will power, and sincerity.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHARITY (Zakat):[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every Muslim whose net annual savings are above a certain specified minimum must pay an annual[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]amount of 2.5% to the poor and needy This action purifies one's accrued wealth, fosters the quality of sacrifice, and rids him of selfishness and greed. It also helps to reduce resentment and envy between a society's poor and rich classes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAJJ (Pilgrimage to Makkah):[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hajj is an act of worship that is to be performed at least once in a lifetime, provided that one is physically and financially able to do so. During this time, Muslims meet from all corners of the world in an international congregation for the sole purpose of responding to the call of Allah. It also reminds the participants that all Muslims are equal, irrespective of their geographical, cultural, or racial origins.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THE ARTICLES OF FAITH[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All Muslims believe in:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. The oneness of Allah. Allah has no partner, son, daughter, helper, or competitor. There is nothing that even remotely resembles Him, for He is unique.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. All of the messengers and prophets of Allah. The Qur'an states that each people has received revelation from Allah in its own tongue so that all individuals know what is required of them. The Qur'an mentions twenty-five of them by name, among them Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Solomon, John, Jesus, and Muhammad. There are, however, many others who are not named. Muhammad, the last prophet, was sent with a universal message meant for all of humanity The message revealed through him is the Qur'an, which is Allah's final presentation of the original revelation received by mankind in its purest form. A Muslim must accept all of Allah's prophets and messengers as legitimate, for denial of one means denial of all. For western readers who are not convinced that Muhammad is a prophet of Allah, proof of this claim can be found in the Bible (Deut. 18:15-18, 33:2-3; Isaiah 29:12; Songs of Solomon 5:16;John 14:1516, 16:12-14) as well as in the biographical accounts of Muhammad's life, which was lived in full view of his contemporaries.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. The original messages revealed through Allah's various prophets and messengers. The purest of these is the Qur'an, for it was recorded during the lifetime of the Prophet and under his direct supervision. The revelations mentioned in the Qur'an as having been received by other prophets, such as the Suhuf of Abraham, the Torah of Moses, the Zubur (Psalms) of David, and the Injeel (Bible) of Jesus, have all been either lost or corrupted.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. The existence of angels as part of the unseen world. They are spiritual beings who have no need for food, drink, or sleep.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. The Day of Judgment. The Qur'an teaches that life is a test for each individual, for everyone must choose whether he will or will not follow the commands of Allah. On this day, a person will be resurrected and asked to account for what he did while he was alive. Those with good records will be rewarded and enter paradise, while those with bad records will be punished by being sent to hell. This belief develops within the individual an awareness of Allah's presence and a desire to obey His laws sincerely and voluntarily[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. A Muslim believes that nothing happens without the knowledge and permission of Allah. While we may not understand why certain things happens, it is part of the divine plan for our lives.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MUSLIMS: THE MODERATE NATION[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam does not divide life into "spiritual" and "secular" realms. As all of life is thus unified and interconnected, Islam avoids the dangers of the extreme ritualism, secularism, or materialism that is found in other civilizations. Activities are not classified as belonging to the state or the individual, religion or daily life, but as belonging to Allah alone, Who has provided guidelines for individuals. These are to be followed in every aspect of their lives: individual, social, governmental, political, economical, spiritual, and otherwise Reflecting this moderation, the Qur'an has entitled the Muslims the "moderate nation. "[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SOURCES OF ISLAMIC TEACHINGS[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Islamic way of life is based on the teachings and laws found in the Qur'an and the example (Sunnah) of the Prophet Muhammad.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Qur'an is the word of Allah and was revealed in potions to Muhammad, via the Angel Gabriel, over a twenty-three year period. Each portion was recorded in writing by his official scribes and memorized by thousands of his followers. After his death, the written collection was given to Abu Bark, the first caliph, who oversaw its collection into one volume. The third caliph, Uthman, prepared several copies and sent them to different Muslim territories. Ever since that time, the same version has been used by Muslims. The wording, order, and language have never been altered in the slightest manner. No other book claiming to be a divine revelation can make this claim, and no one has ever been able to refute the claim of the Qur'an to complete authenticity[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Sunnah consists of the teachings, sayings, and actions of Prophet Muhammad. This information was meticulously reported and collected by his Companions. It is essentially an elaboration of the Qur'anic verses that shows how they are to be implemented in one's daily life.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ISLAM: THE RELIGION OF EQUALITY[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam recognizes no man-made artificial distinctions based on colour, tribe, race, nationality, or otherwise. As all people come from the original couple-Adam and Eve-they are all one family and therefore equal before God. What distinguishes people from each other is their commitment to Islam: "The most honoured in the sight of Allah is (he who is) most righteous." (Qur'an 3:86).[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ISLAM IS YOUR BIRTHRIGHT[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam states clearly that everyone is born a Muslim and is therefore monotheistic by nature. We read in the Qur'an that humanity has been created with the natural disposition towards the unity of God. This is to be expected, for Allah, who has breathed His spirit into each of us, is Himself the example of perfect unity. In the words of the Prophet Muhammad: "Every person is born with the innate religious faith (to submit to God Almighty)." Thus when an individual accepts Islam, he is not turning his back on any prior revelation but rather is returning to the original and true revelation of Allah and to his own nature as a creation of Allah. This being the case, Islam is your birthright-other religious or ideological systems are either corruptions our outright denials of Islam.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CRITERIA FOR TRUTH[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How do you know if your belief system is true? Take a moment to look at the following list.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Are the teachings of your belief system rational? Do they conform to the norms of human reason and intellect?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Is the creator of your belief system perfect? Allah, the creator of Islam, is. . Does your belief system contain superstitions or myths? Islam presents humanity with only true knowledge.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Can your belief system withstand the discoveries and claims of modern science? Islam can and does.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. How accurate are your belief system's prophecies and predications? Islam's are always completely accurate.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Could a person have devised your belief system? No one has ever been able to imitate the Qur'an, although many have tried over the centuries.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is not a new religion founded by Muhammad, but a final restatement of the original revelation that has been conveyed to humanity by messengers and prophets sent by Allah for that very purpose: "This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion" (5:3). As the Qur'an is the final revelation and Muhammad is the final prophet, humanity is obligated to accept it: "If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost all spiritual good" (3:86).[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THE CHOICE IS YOURS TO MAKE!!![/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Light of The Truth

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHAT IS LIFE?[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Man's existence in this world and the creation of this entire universe are not mere accidents or products of a fortuitous nature. This universe, every single atom of it, manifests and leads us to the realization of a Loving, Merciful and All-powerful Creator. Without a Creator, nothing can exist. Every single soul knows that he is existing and that his existence is dependent upon a Creator he knows for sure that he cannot create him self. Therefore it is his duty to know his master, the Creator.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MANKIND: Man is a unique creature. God establishes man as His representative or deputy to govern over all other creatures in this world. He is endowed with the faculty of REASON, which sets him apart from all other animals. Together with this faculty to discriminate and discern, man is given the freedom (free-will) to choose for himself a way of life worthy of his position as God's representative or to fall lower than the lowest of all animals or creations. Man is born pure and sinless and is given the choice to do righteous deeds or indulge in sins.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DIVINE GUIDANCE: The Creator, out of His abundant Love and Mercy for mankind has not left us in darkness to discover the right path by trial and error alone. Coupled with our intellectual capability to reason, our Creator bestowed upon us DIVINE GUIDANCE that outlines the Criterion for TRUTH, knowledge, as well as the reality of our existence in this world and the Hereafter.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]REVELATIONS: From the beginning of mankind, our Creator sent prophets to convey His REVELATION and to invite human beings to the path of true PEACE and OBEDIENCE to the ONE TRUE GOD. This is ISLAM. This message is conveyed towards successive generations of man through the different prophets, all inviting mankind to the same path. However all the earlier messages or revelations from God were distorted by people of later generations. As a result, pure Revelation from our Creator was adulterated and polluted with myths, superstitions, idol worship and irrational philosophical ideologies. The religion of God in a sense was lost in a plethora of religions. Human history is a testament of man's drift between light and darkness, but God out of His Abundant Love for mankind has not forsaken us.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FINAL REVELATIONS: When mankind was in the depths of the Dark Ages, our Creator sent His final Messenger, prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him) to redeem humanity with the final revelation which represents the ultimate and permanent source of guidance for the whole world.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CRITERIA FOR TRUTH: The following criteria can best serve as a gauge to find out the authenticity of the last revelation (the Qur’an) as words of God:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rational Teachings: Since our Creator bestowed reason and intellect upon us, it is our duty to use it to distinguish the TRUTH from falsehood. True, undistorted revelation from God must be rational and can be reasoned out by all unbiased minds.[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Perfection: Since our Creator is all perfect, His revelation must be perfect and accurate, free from mistakes, omissions, interpolations and multiplicity of versions. It should be free from contradictions in its narration.[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No Myths or Superstitions: True revelation is free from myths or superstitions that degrade the dignity of our Creator or man himself.[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scientific: Since our Creator is the Creator of all knowledge, true revelation is scientific and can withstand the challenge of science at all times.[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Factual Prophecy: Our Creator is the Knower of the past, present and future. Thus His prophecies in His revelation will be fulfilled as prophesied.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inimitable By Man:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]True revelation is infallible and cannot be imitated by man. God's true revelation is a Living miracle, an open book challenging all mankind to see and prove for themselves its authenticity or veracity.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Shattering Ten Misconceptions About Islam page 1

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shattering Ten Misconceptions About Islam

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by The Muslim Students Association at USC[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In this article, we will try to clear up many of the misconceptions that are prevalent about Islam. Before jumping into the list of misconceptions directly, it is important to give a little interesting background about the source of Islam.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is the name of a way of life which the Creator wants us to follow. We avoid the word religion because in many non-Islamic societies, there is a separation of "religion and state." This separation is not recognized at all in Islam: the Creator is very much concerned with all that we do, including the political, social, economic, and other aspects of our society. Hence, Islam is a complete way of life.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The source of Islam is Allah, the Creator of everything known and unknown to us. He is One, and He is Unique. Allah has taught us about Islam via two mediums: the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Both the Qur'an and Sunnah were transmitted to us, humanity, via the Messenger of Allah: Muhammad bin Abdullah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him (saws). The Messenger of Allah was nothing more and nothing less than a mortal messenger of the immortal Creator.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Qur'an is a book containing the literal Word of Allah. It was transmitted from Allah to an angel of His (Gabriel), and from the angel to the Messenger of Allah who delivered it to us. The Qur'an covers a wide variety of topics, including evidence to support its claim of being the Word of the Creator, stories of earlier generations, rules which humanity is asked to obey, and information about the Hereafter. The Qur'an claims that it is protected from change by other than Allah, and this is confirmed by its 1400 year history. The earliest copies and the latest copies are the same.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Sunnah is the term used to describe how the Messenger of Allah (saws) lived his life. The Messenger's life is an example for all Muslims, or those who accept Islam, to follow. Whatever the Messenger (saws) did, said, or approved of is a source of Islam just as much as the Qur'an. The Messenger's role is not overemphasized: his life was dictated by what the Creator desired, and the Messenger did not add or subtract to Islam according to his own personal whim. His life was such that his wife called him "a walking Qur'an."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Qur'an and Sunnah are the only two mediums by which Allah has directly taught us about Islam. This leads us to the following simple but critical principle:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If any man or woman engages in a belief or action which clearly contradicts the Qur'an or Sunnah, then that belief or action cannot be thought of as `Islamic'.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This rule applies whether the man or woman is Muslim or non-Muslim. Hence, we cannot equate Islam and the Muslims. Islam is the way of life; Muslims are people who claim to follow that way of life. A Muslim may claim to follow Islam, but be wrong. In the context of misconceptions, we can restate the above principle in a slightly different way:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some misconceptions about Islam are due to the wrong beliefs and actions of Muslims, and others are due to a significant lack of understanding and false stereotyping by non-Muslims.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Several misconceptions are listed below. Instead of simply stating the misconception by itself, we have also included some reasons why people might adopt that misconception. Therefore, each entry in the list is given in the following form:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<Statement of misconception> because:[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<reason 1>[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<reason 2>[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]etc.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After each misconception and its possible reasons, we show briefly why the misconception is false by showing one or more of three possibilities:[/FONT]​
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a reason is false[/FONT]​
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the reason does not logically lead to the misconception[/FONT]​
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a key piece of information is being ignored[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our answers to the misconceptions are drawn from the Qur'an and Sunnah. All other approaches are insufficient: Islam is a way of life which is very firmly based on a scholarly approach, an approach which is based on knowledge.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Misconception 1[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is `the religion of peace' because:[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the Arabic word Islam is derived from the Arabic word "Al-Salaam" which means peace.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It might seem strange to think of this as a misconception, but in fact it is. The root word of Islam is "al-silm" which means "submission" or "surrender." It is understood to mean "submission to Allah." In spite of whatever noble intention has caused many a Muslim to claim that Islam is derived primarily from peace, this is not true. Allah says in the Qur'an (translated):[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][2:136] Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us and that which was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have surrendered. [Arabic "Muslimoon"][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A secondary root of Islam may be "Al-Salaam" (peace), however the text of the Qur'an makes it clear that Allah has clearly intended the focus of this way of life to be submission to Him. This entails submission to Him at all times, in times of peace, war, ease, or difficulty.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Misconception 2[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Islam, denial of human rights is OK because:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The misconception does not follow from the reasons given, and the reasons ignore a great deal of information.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As stated earlier, Islam is a complete way of life. Given this, it is not surprising that the Creator is concerned with the method which we choose to govern ourselves. The pre-eminent rule which the Islamic state must observe is stated in the Qur'an (translation follows):[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][4:59] O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you do believe in Allah and the Last Day; That is best, and most suitable for final determination.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From this verse, it is clear that the state's obligation of obedience to the Creator is as important as the obedience of the individual. Hence, the Islamic state must derive its law from the Qur'an and Sunnah. This principle excludes certain choices from the Islamic state's options for political and economic systems, such as a pure democracy, unrestricted capitalism, communism, socialism, etc. For example, a pure democracy places the people above the Qur'an and Sunnah, and this is disobedience to the Creator. However, the best alternative to a pure democracy is a democracy that implements and enforces the Shariah (Islamic Law).[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Creator also states in the Qur'an (translated):[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So whatever thing you are given, that is only a provision of this world's life, and what is with Allah is better and more lasting for those who believe and rely on their Lord, and those who shun the great sins and indecencies, and whenever they are angry they forgive, and those who respond to their Lord and keep up prayer, and their rule is to take counsel among themselves, and who spend out of what We have given them.[Qur'an 42:36-38][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah orders us in this verse to conduct our matters by taking counsel among ourselves, or by consulting each other. This is the methodology of the Islamic state, to consult one another, but to always keep the Qur'an and Sunnah paramount. Any law which contradicts the Qur'an or Sunnah is unlawful. This broad principle of consultation is certainly wide enough to encompass a form of government where all are heard - in fact, encouraged to be heard. The early Islamic states were of this form. The petty governments of many `Muslim countries' today do not apply this principle and in fact commit many crimes against the people.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As for slavery, Islam is unique among the `religions' in its close attention to the peaceful removal of this practice. Before the advent of Islam, slavery was widespread all over the world. The Messenger of Islam taught us that freeing slaves was a great deed in the sight of Allah. From the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sahih Bukhari, we find:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever frees a Muslim slave, Allah will save all the parts of his body from the (Hell) Fire as he has freed the body-parts of the slave." Said bin Marjana said that he narrated that Hadith to `Ali bin Al-Husain and he freed his slave for whom `Abdullah bin Ja'far had offered him ten thousand Dirhams or one-thousand Dinars.[3:46:693][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also from the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Malik's Muwatta, we find:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narrated Aisha Ummul Mu'minin: The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was asked what was the most excellent kind of slave to free. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, answered, "The most expensive and the most valuable to his master."[38:9:15][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Creator has also made it easy for slaves to gain their freedom. From the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sahih Bukhari, we find:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever frees his portion of a common slave should free the slave completely by paying the rest of his price from his money if he has enough money; otherwise the price of the slave is to be estimated and the slave is to be helped to work without hardship till he pays the rest of his price."[3:46:704][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The condition of slavery is very different in Islam than the harsh conditions imposed by non-Muslims or disobedient Muslims. From the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sunan Abu-Dawud, we find:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (saw) said: None of you must say: "My slave" (abdi) and "My slave-woman" (amati), and a slave must not say: "My lord" (rabbi or rabbati). The master (of a slave) should say: "My young man" (fataya) and "My young woman" (fatati), and a slave should say "My master" (sayyidi) and "My mistress" (sayyidati), for you are all (Allah's) slave and the Lord is Allah, Most High.[41:4957][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also from the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sahih Bukhari, we find:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narrated Al-Ma'rur bin Suwaid: I saw Abu Dhar Al-Ghifari wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a cloak. We asked him about that (i.e. how both were wearing similar cloaks). He replied, "Once I abused a man and he complained of me to the Prophet. The Prophet asked me, `Did you abuse him by slighting his mother?' He added, `Your slaves are your brethren upon whom Allah has given you authority. So, if one has one's brethren under one's control, one should feed them with the like of what one eats and clothe them with the like of what one wears. You should not overburden them with what they cannot bear, and if you do so, help them (in their hard job)."[3:46:721][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a result of the teachings of Islam, slavery was almost completely eradicated from many areas of the Muslim world, peacefully and without bloodshed.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Misconception 3[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Islam, women are inferior to men because:[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a man can marry up to 4 wives, a woman can marry only one man[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a man's share of inheritance is bigger than a woman's[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a man can marry a non-Muslim, a woman cannot[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]women must wear the veil[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This widely held misconception does not remotely follow from the reasons given. The first and most important observation to make about the popular question "Are men and women equal?" is that it is a badly-formed, unanswerable question. The problem which many people conveniently ignore is that "equal" is not defined. This is a very critical point: the equality must be specified with respect to some measurable property. For example, women on average are superior to men if we ask who is shorter in height than the other ("Growth and Development", Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1992). Women are also superior on average if we ask whom do children bond to deeper, mothers or fathers. Women are also superior on average if we ask who has a tendency to socialize more. On the other hand, men are superior on average if we ask who is taller in height than the other. And so on: every question can be turned around, and more importantly these are properties which are irrelevant.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What then, is the really important property which we are worried about in terms of gender equality? Naturally, from the point of view of the Qur'an and Sunnah, the obvious important property is who is dearer to Allah, men or women? This question is emphatically answered in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If any do deeds of righteousness - be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Paradise, and not the least injustice will be done to them.[4:124]
For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for truthful men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.[33:35]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Qur'an and Sunnah repeat over and over again that Allah only favours one person over another based on that person's awareness, consciousness, fear, love, and hope of Allah (the Arabic word is difficult to translate: Taqwa). All other criteria are excluded: gender, ethnic group, country, ancestry, etc.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Given that Allah does not favour one gender over the other in His attention to us (and it helps to remember that Allah is neither male nor female), we can now address the differences between the genders in Islam. First, men and women are not the same as we know. The Creator states in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...and the male is not like the female...[3:36][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Men and women are different in their composition, and in their responsibilities under Islam. However, both are bound by obligations to one another, especially the following important one which must be understood in any discussion on men and women. From the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.[24:32][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In this verse, the Creator emphasizes that marriage is to be vigorously pursued by the Muslims: the state of being single is not to be maintained. With this in mind, we can begin to understand the four reasons cited above for the nonetheless erroneous conclusion.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Men and women are different in their responsibilities towards the families that they are strongly encouraged to set up. Women are not obligated to work, whereas men are obligated. The man must provide for the family, but the woman does not have to spend out of her money for it, though she gets a reward for doing so. Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.[4:34][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sahih Bukhari, we find:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][2:24:545] Narrated `Amr bin Al-Harith: Zainab, the wife of `Abdullah said, "I was in the Mosque and saw the Prophet (saws) saying, `O women ! Give alms even from your ornaments.' " Zainab used to provide for `Abdullah and those orphans who were under her protection. So she said to `Abdullah, "Will you ask Allah's Apostle whether it will be sufficient for me to spend part of the Zakat on you and the orphans who are under my protection?" He replied "Will you yourself ask Allah's Apostle ?" (Zainab added): So I went to the Prophet and I saw there an Ansari woman who was standing at the door (of the Prophet ) with a similar problem as mine. Bilal passed by us and we asked him, `Ask the Prophet whether it is permissible for me to spend (the Zakat) on my husband and the orphans under my protection.' And we requested Bilal not to inform the Prophet about us. So Bilal went inside and asked the Prophet regarding our problem. The Prophet (saws) asked, "Who are those two?" Bilal replied that she was Zainab. The Prophet said, "Which Zainab?" Bilal said, "The wife of `Adullah (bin Masud)." The Prophet said, "Yes, (it is sufficient for her) and she will receive a double rewards (for that): One for helping relatives, and the other for giving Zakat."[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Given that husbands are obligated to provide for wives, and that marriage is a highly recommended goal of Islam, it is easy to see why women's inheritance share is half that of men. We note also that men are obligated to provide a suitable dowry to women on marriage. In fact, it is preferable at this point to speak in terms of husbands and wives instead of men and women. Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with wholesome result.[4:4][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them..[2:228].[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This one degree in no way affects the position of the Creator in which He has stated that He does not hold women dearer to him than men, or vice versa. Rather it is simply a way of partitioning responsibilities in a household of two adults: someone must make the final decision on daily matters. As will be shown below in a section on a different misconception, though the final decision rests with the husband, it is through mutual consultation that decisions are best reached at.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While men are allowed to marry up to four wives, they are also commanded to meet the preconditions of being able to financially support them. They must also deal with each wife justly and fairly with respect to marital and economic obligations. Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][4:3] If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Moreover, women are allowed to reject any marriage proposal made to her by prospective suitors, thus if she does not feel she can abide by the rules of the Qur'an and Sunnah if she marries a certain person, she can reject his proposal. While it is irrelevant to Islam, it is worthwhile to note that both Judaism and Christianity allow polygamy. The idea is not as foreign to the non-Muslims as is often claimed.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finally, the wearing of the veil by women is also an illogical premise to claim that women are inferior to men. It is more appropriate to indict a society of female exploitation if it tolerates pornography rather than if it enforces the veil. Given that Allah is neither male nor female, given that He does not endear people to Himself based on their gender, given that the Creator cares about all of us male or female, given that the sexual and violent drive of men is stronger than that of women...given all this, it is illogical to cast a negative light on the following injunctions contained in the Qur'an (translation),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not be annoyed...[33:59]
Say to the believing man that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands...[24:30-31]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On this misconception, there is a great deal more to write, most of it showing how current practices in many Muslim lands go against what the Qur'an and Sunnah have ordained, lands in which women are treated as property (unIslamic), are not educated (unIslamic), are forbidden their economic rights (unIslamic), and more. On this point in particular, we encourage everyone to consult the Qur'an and Sunnah before incriminating Islam. Always remember that Islam is a complete way of life from the Creator, and that Muslims are people who claim to follow that way of life. A Muslim may claim to follow Islam, but be wrong.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Misconception 4[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is well-suited only to the Arabs because:[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]most Muslims are Arabs[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the Qur'an is in Arabic[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first reason for this misconception is far from the truth. Of the more than one billion Muslims around the world, only 18% are Arab. The most populous Muslim country in the world is Indonesia. The second most populous Muslim country is Bangladesh. Neither of these countries is Arab.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam is the fastest growing major religion in the world (Encyclopaedia Britannica). It has adherents on all the populated continents, and is accessible to Arabs and non-Arabs alike. In the United States, Muslims are expected to become the largest religious minority around the turn of the century, outstripping the Jews.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The universal appeal of Islam to Arabs and non-Arabs comes in spite of the Qur'an being in Arabic. Allah states in the Qur'an that this way of life called Islam is for all people (translation follows),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And We (Allah) have not sent you (Muhammad) but as a mercy to the worlds.[21:107]
We have not sent you but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not.[34:28]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Moreover, the Creator does not use the colour or mother tongue of people to judge them, be they Arab or not. Instead, it is the level of their awareness of Allah which is the criterion,[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (not that you may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."[49:13][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The choice of Arabic as the language of the Qur'an is explained very simply and clearly (translation follows),[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And if We (Allah) had made it a Qur'an in a foreign tongue, they would certainly have said: "Why have not its communications been made clear? What! a foreign (tongue) and an Arab!" Say: It is, to those who believe, a guidance and a healing; and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a heaviness in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be called to from a far-off place.[41:44][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, it is also important to emphasize that the Qur'an in its revealed form in Arabic is the literal Word of the Creator - but any translation is not. Each translation is more accurately called a translation of an interpretation, for every translator includes his or her own bias.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Back