Sorrows Famous Spy & Detective Novels Writer Ishtiaq Ahmad Passes Away

Veer

Veer

Famous Pakistani
Staff member

Reaction score
Famous Spy & Detective Novels Writer Ishtiaq Ahmad Passes Away at 74

Screenshot_21.png
Ishtiaq Ahmad (اﺸﺘﻴﺎﻖ اﺤﻤﺩ in Urdu, c. 1941 – November 17, 2015) was a Pakistani fiction writer famous for his spy and detective novels in the Urdu language. He started by writing short stories for children and then wrote his first novel in 1973. He was at his peak of popularity in the '70s to '90s due to his Inspector Jamshed series, Inspector Kamran Mirza series, and Shoki series. As of 2014 he was an editor of the magazine Bachon ka islam and writing novels for Atlantis Publications, Karachi.

Ahmad has authored hundreds of suspense thriller novels in Urdu for children which include characters such as Inspector Jamshed, Inspector Kamran Mirza as well as the Shoki brothers.

He died on November 17, 2015 at Karachi International Airport on his way back to Lahore, before boarding the plane after attending Karachi International Book Fair held at Karachi Expo Centre.

Ahmad novels always start with a Hadith, followed by "Doo Batain" (Two Words), although the order was reversed in the beginning.

The "Doo Batain" section started as a way to address the reader. It often contained news about the author, his interpretation of world events, possibly a preview regarding the story, or at times, a completely off the topic narrative. The ultimate purpose of this was to inform and entertain. Notable ones began with: "Doo Batain: Batain to shoro ker chuka, ab aagay kiya khaak likhoon ga?" ("My Two Cents Worth: worth what?").
Screenshot_34.png

Screenshot_26.png

1103192823-2.gif

✰ Dear Readers, You're welcome to share your views on Pakistan Web.
Pakistan Web values your opinions and encourages you to add a comment to this discussion.
Pakistan Web is not responsible for user comments.

Inna Lillahi Wa inni ilaihi Rajioon
Allah Pak unhain jannatulfirdaus main jaga atta farmaye.
One of my fav writers.he will remain a cherished memory of my childhood

Back