Girls need to be very aware everywhere they go

M Shah

M Shah

Invalid Email

Reaction score
I know these pictures are harsh but I couldn't resist myself from posting this since we were 'celebrating' International Women's Day yesterday, this is what we actually did to our fellow state woman 2 days ago. Hence people NEED to see these 'harsh' pictures because they are not just pictures. This is the reality of the evil that lives in our society.

A Horrific Incident on the Streets of Karachi.jpg

A Horrific Incident on the Streets of Karachi 2.jpg

A Horrific Incident on the Streets of Karachi 3.jpg

Submitted by Tania Andrabi

I am Tania Andrabi and this is my harrowing story. It is a first hand account of the trauma I have been through.

Yesterday, the 7th of March’2017 I went to sharfabad at 1:00 pm in the afternoon where all the popular bookstores are located to buy some stationary and books. Was not able to find a specific book so went from store to store.

A man from outside one of the bookstores approached me ( I thought he was the salesman) and said that this particular book is available at a new store just at the corner. If you will go there you will find it. I walked towards the corner that he gestured to but there was no bookstore .

Instead I just heard that man say to another man on a bike ‘chal, isko bike pe daal’. As soon as I heard this and before they could grab me and hold me I quickly folded myself down and grabbed hold of a back rod of the bike.

I offered him money(that I had in my hand and my bag), I had my phone in my full purse that was hanging on my left shoulder, but they were not interested in any of the material or valuable things I had with me.

One of the men was constantly pushing me trying to make me sit on the bike but because I was folded down on the floor in such a twisted position they were unable to do so Because I was not cooperating with them they pulled out a small sized scissor and started jabbing it in my left arm.

He pulled open the scissor and pushed both ends deep in my arm 7 times and twisting it. When this did not even work and he could not make me lose the grip I had on the bike he twisted my pinky finger of the left hand trying to break it.

After completely twisting my arm at an unnatural angle he scratched my neck and arm with his nails. I was completely numb unable to shout or scream because of so much pain. He was constantly saying things such as ‘agar yeh nahi chorti bike ko tow plas (plier) do iskay nakhun nikalta hoon.’

It was at that point someone passed by that corner and started to yell at them and I got the opportunity to run away. I was bleeding everywhere. My clothes and arms were full of blood and I went from building to building asking for help. No one helped me, no one talked to me or responded to my cries. I could not find my car because I was so disoriented. I had to finally call my husband and ask him to locate the driver and have him come and find me.

These men were not interested in robbing me of the valuables that I carried with me. They wanted to take me, a woman, Mother of three grown children with them for whatever horrible reason.

I then went to South city hospital where I was treated by the very cooperative staff in the emergency department. I got tetanus shots, x-ray done, pain killers and my wounds were washed and cleaned.

The retelling of this horrifying event is not to gain sympathy. It is to make sure that every single woman/girl that goes out in these areas- to shop or to study at any of the coaching centers – or where ever else is very careful and very vigilant.

Please be careful everyone. Do not go anywhere alone. I cannot emphasize enough that girls need to be very aware everywhere they go. It is a new way of snatching girls right off the street."

@yusra avais @Noor-e-Kainat @Kashf @Ana Zai @ruksana @Areeba Zahra @doctorabidasajid @Kool Kat @Zirwah @Imal @mehernigar
@Ali Akbar @Hafsa @Wanderer @Sajjal @Mastermind @Amina chattha @Noor iman @Falak @rubPzai @Kanwal khan @Porab Keyana @Mr.Hammad @Bella khan. @Asad Rehman . @Wanderer . @Twilight ,. @Qazi Shoaib Rehman . @Neha , @Hareem. @Blue Moon. . @Zonyra gul . @ulta . @sara rajput . @drsehrish . @Sania Gull . @syed m. @Sara Raees. @Pinkey. @Ajwah . @kuku20 . @Mahsa . @Hafsa . @Veer . @Saad Sheikh
. . @Syeda Rumessa. @Imaan Shah . @b khan
. . @HumaJaved

Back