Khyber Pakhtoonkha Home * Natasha From NWFP to Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa

Heer

Heer

Invalid Email

Reaction score
Home * Natasha From NWFP to Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa​

So finally ANP has delivered ‘something’ to it’s voters.After ONLY 62 years North-West-Frontier Province is now Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa.That’s some achievement!

Of the various names suggested for the province including Pakhtoonkhwa(favoured by the province’s ruling party), Abbasin, Khyber, Afghania (what the?) and Gandhara , I personally liked Khyber the most – short, sweet and neutral.I was never in favour of a name based on ethnicity. Though not a fan of PML-N , I felt bad that their objection to the name Pakhtoonkhwa was being seen as their racism and their ‘punjabi-pana’ . I’m glad a consensus was reached and all the concerned parties are happy with the new combination. Whether people call it Khyber or Pakhtoonkhwa or stick to Sarhad in their daily conversation remains to be seen.

Now that the tradition has been set , Im afraid many other races will stand up for their own provinces.Sairaikistan, Hazaraistan , Kalashistan and God knows how many stans based on ethnic races are waiting to be designed on the map of Pakistan.​

Back