How Can We Eliminate Unemployment In Pakistan?

Sohaib.Ali.Sid

Sohaib.Ali.Sid

Well-Known Pakistani

Reaction score
Aoa to all,

I think you all have bright ideas to say on this topic, pls share...... we need answers to many unanswered questions.......

I recently met some chinese men who came to our company for installation of a plant. I was amazed to see that they had a windows custom built and all in Chinese. They had ms office in Chinese and every application had Chinese written all over. I instantly thought how about we having such initiatives to cater and help millions of us who are not able to come forward just because they can’t speak or understand English….. come to think of it, if we have technical literature in urdu, computer softwares, applications in urdu, it automatically opens doors for millions more of us and suddenly we will have technically sound and proficient people who although cannot speak, understand English but that does not stop them from being as technically proficient as their English knowing counterpart…….

Instead of taking initiatives to make Chinese compulsory, why not translate technical English books to urdu technical journals to reduce unemployment and take Pakistan out of oblivion?????

Recently, in a discussion, i heard that in musharraf era, the new brands of local motorcycles flourished as he allowed local manufacturers to set up and sell local brands of motorcycles.... what happened was that a honda bike whose price increased every month, came to a standstill as local bikes came in competition due to their lower prices....... we need such innovative and practical steps to boost the local market so that we come forward and compete with the world....... china recently purposely laid huge taxes on cars imported from abroad so that consumers were discouraged to buy imported cars and so local manufacturers sales' increased........ we need such steps asap.........

One important cause of unemployment is that our education system is not according to the needs of our country. All the attention is paid to theoretical education and practical is ignored, that’s why there is shortage of skilled hands in Pakistan.
Pakistan is a developing country, and needs skilled people for progress. We are not advance in industry, we can’t absorb all the youth in factories.
So first of all, our education system should be made according to the requirements of our country. We need not only educated but skilled and professionally trained people to make progress, so it should be able to produce the required type of people.

One important cause of unemployment is that our education system is not according to the needs of our country. All the attention is paid to theoretical education and practical is ignored, that’s why there is shortage of skilled hands in Pakistan.
Pakistan is a developing country, and needs skilled people for progress. We are not advance in industry, we can’t absorb all the youth in factories.
So first of all, our education system should be made according to the requirements of our country. We need not only educated but skilled and professionally trained people to make progress, so it should be able to produce the required type of people.

quite true, there is s huge gap between the students our universities are churning out and what the industry demands of them...... also, that is true because in many cases, we are studying obsolete material which is no longer used/applied, our syllabus' is not up to date//.......

Exactly, only enabling greater educational reforms and realizing the real potential importance of a better educational system will help the government to recover from the precarious situation that the youth of today lies in. Who knows, if changes are implied, the youth may show their gratitude by helping reform education in Pakistan for the many generations to come. It would be good to see that literacy in Pakistan would no longer be classified by the ability to sign one’s name in any language on a piece of paper.

Exactly, only enabling greater educational reforms and realizing the real potential importance of a better educational system will help the government to recover from the precarious situation that the youth of today lies in. Who knows, if changes are implied, the youth may show their gratitude by helping reform education in Pakistan for the many generations to come. It would be good to see that literacy in Pakistan would no longer be classified by the ability to sign one’s name in any language on a piece of paper.

exactly, we have to break the language barrier because truly speaking, its not written in holy books that if u don;t know english, u can;t succeed, we have to remember this. Our technical training, if imparted in urdu will open the frontiers for many thousands who cannot afford sending their children to english-medium schools......!!

exactly, we have to break the language barrier because truly speaking, its not written in holy books that if u don;t know english, u can;t succeed, we have to remember this. Our technical training, if imparted in urdu will open the frontiers for many thousands who cannot afford sending their children to english-medium schools......!!

I'm sorry but i don't agree.
English language is international in its significance. It is rightly taken as the common language in all parts of the world today.There is need to learn and use it in our country even though we also need to develop and adopt our own national language in all fields of life.
Importance of English language cannot be disregarded. It is spoken, read or understood in most parts of the world. Wherever you may go, in Europe, Asia, Africa or in the Americas, in Australia or the North or South Poles you will find some one or the other communicating with you in English.
Have you observed our Cricket Heros, they play the game with full confidence, but when they are invited at the presentation ceremony, they get nervous just because they dont have good English speaking skills. To compete with the rest of the world, we must have to include some english language courses in our education syllabus.

I'm sorry but i don't agree.
English language is international in its significance. It is rightly taken as the common language in all parts of the world today.There is need to learn and use it in our country even though we also need to develop and adopt our own national language in all fields of life.
Importance of English language cannot be disregarded. It is spoken, read or understood in most parts of the world. Wherever you may go, in Europe, Asia, Africa or in the Americas, in Australia or the North or South Poles you will find some one or the other communicating with you in English.
Have you observed our Cricket Heros, they play the game with full confidence, but when they are invited at the presentation ceremony, they get nervous just because they dont have good English speaking skills. To compete with the rest of the world, we must have to include some english language courses in our education syllabus.

u are right in your point about english being important..... but i'm taking into consideration the 50-60 % of the population who have no jobs, no technical skills for getting jobs..... why not train them skills and concepts in their own language whcih they can grasp easily.....so they can become productive members of the society........ why leave them behind cos of their incapacity to go to schools....... get my point??? !

Back