ONE OF MY FAVORITE VERSES IN THE QURAN

Falak

Falak

Super Star Pakistani
I Love Reading

Reaction score
Allah does not want difficulty for you, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His favor upon you, that you may be grateful.” (end of Quranic verse 5:6)
This is one of my favorite verses because Allah (swt) is reminding us that He does not want us to suffer, but He wants to PURIFY us. He wants the best for us! Even though we face so many hardships in this life, we must remember that they are there to purify us and make us better people!
When we are wondering why life seems so difficult sometimes, let us remember this verse–that we are supposed to be growing in some way from our difficulties.
Even though this part of the verse comes in the context of washing oneself before prayer (the beginning of the verse), this verse still means that Allah (swt) does not want difficulty for us. A hadith that corroborates this idea of every hardship being a means of purifying us (making us closer to Allah) is:
“No fatigue, nor disease, nor anxiety, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that.”
The Prophet Muhammad as recorded in Bukhari and Muslim

Back