Hafsa

Hafsa

Super Star Pakistani
Staff member
Digital Library Staff
Baby Names Staff

Reaction score
May Allah allow us to benefit from this blessed month. Ameen

Ramadan and probably most of us are struggling to taste the sweetness of worship. Some are even experiencing it hard to fast or hard to stand up for Taraweeh. Wondering why?
In fact, when the topic of Ramadan would be brought up some of us feel a sense of tightness in their chest, as if someone was suffocating us. Now that Ramadan has arrived some are even counting the days for its departure.
If such sentiments ring a bell, then one’s relationship with Allah is in a critical state.
“Why am I not happy with Ramadan’s arrival like everyone else is?!”
Because there is a barrier which is currently standing between you and the sweetness of worship.
That barrier is SINS.
Wuhayb Ibn Ward was asked, ‘Can the one who sins taste the sweetness of worship?’ He said, ‘No, not even the one who considers doing the sin.’
Similarly, Yahya Ibn Mu’aadh would say,
سَقَمُ الجسد بالأوجاع، وسَقَمُ القلوب بالذنوب؛ فكما لا يجد الجسد لذة الطعام عند سقمه، فكذلك القلب لا يجد حلاوة العبادة مع الذنوب
‘The sickness of bodies is in the form of pain, and the sickness of the hearts is in the form of sins. So, the same way that an ill body cannot experience the sweetness of food, a heart that's sick with sins cannot experience the sweetness of worship.’
The sadness within you was never Allah’s fault, nor was it the fault of hunger and thirst, nor was it the fault of 'this Ramadan being one of the longest month of fasting', but the fault is that sin which you are yet to rid yourself from. This is the barrier which is blocking you from accessing the joy of worshipping Allah!
So immediately, revisit your habits, reconsider your private affairs, re-think those secret relationships, re-evaluate your fallout with your Muslim brother/sister, reconsider your appearance in public and private, ponder over the sunnahs that you have abandoned, think deeply about your commitment to Salaah and give up those secret sins.
Identify that barrier and knock it down at once!
I know, knocking it down isn’t always that easy, but with patience and insistence, your soul will eventually surrender and join you in your journey to Allah.
Abu Yazeed said,
ما زلت أسوق نفسي إلى الله وهي تبكي ، حتى سقتها وهي تضحك
“I continued dragging my soul to Allah whilst it cried, until it finally surrendered itself and came with me to Allah smiling.”
Perhaps this is the reason why the scholars of Islam always urge us to repent before the arrival of the month of forgiveness; Ramadan!
So that when it does finally arrive, no barrier stands between us and the joy of fasting for Allah. It's never too late. Repent and restart now.
#reminderForSelf

@Hafsa
" ‘Can the one who sins taste the sweetness of worship?’ He said, ‘No, not even the one who considers doing the sin.’"
to phir hum is aijaaz se mehroom hi rahen ge?

No because Allah ne kaha hai k jo roza rakhty hein mein unky sarey gunnah jala deta hun. Aur gunnah ka irada karney se bachne ka tareeqa istaghfaar hai.

Allah bohat Meharbaan aur nihayat Reham karney wala hai

The best thread so far..
bht saarai sawlaat ka jawaab mel jaata hai aisai threads se ..
thank U so much ..
jazakallah !

@Hafsa sis muje ap bhool gai hain tag Karna
These lines are priceless

"I know, knocking it down isn’t always that easy, but with patience and insistence, your soul will eventually surrender and join you in your journey to Allah."

JazaKAllah for sharing sis

Back