Heer

Heer

Invalid Email

Reaction score

BISMILLAH1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Status and importance of Bismillah

The Status and importance of Bismillah

With reference to all important projects, works, chores and missions, the shariah has urged its adherents to begin them with:

The Barakah and the Blessings of Bismillah

Bismillah: The essence of the Holy Quran

According to some scholars, surah Al-Fatiha is the essence of the entire Qur'an. And: Bismillahir-rahmanir- rahim (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) is the essence of Surah Al-Fatiha.

Bismillah before Wahi

In Ad-Durrul Manthur, Ibn Umar RA is reported as saying that surely, whenever Jibreel AS used to bring Wahi to Rasulullah SAW, he used to first recite:
Bismillah-rahmanir-rahim(In the name of Allah,the most Gracious, the most Merciful)
The reason for the above is as follows: in Bismillah there are 3 names of Allah SWT:
1) Allah SWT which is his personal name indicating that all projects can only be initiated by the will of ALLAH SWT.
2) Rahman (kind) which is his attributive name indicating that only Allah SWT can keep that project intact and existent (guarding it against destruction).
3) Rahim (Most Merciful) which is also his attribute name indicating that only Allah SWT can, through his mercy and grace, enable any person to derive benefit from that project.
This clearly proves that any project beginning with: Bismillah-rahmanir-rahim(In the name of Allah,the most Gracious, the most Merciful) Will be granted barakah (blessings) from the beginning till end

Bismillah before doing anything

It is for this reason that Rasulullah SAW used to recite: Bismillahir-rahmanir-rahim(In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful.) before doing any work.He SAW also advised the Ummah to do the same. For example, reading it before shutting the door, before putting out the light, before taking meals, before drinking water, before boarding any mode of transport

The Beauty of Islam

Islam is not confined only to the masjid and madrasah.It is a way of life. each and every aspect of a muslim's life is supposed to be deen. It is for this reason that Rasulullah SAW has shown the ummah simple little methods which would render each and every world affair of his to become deen and for which he will be rewarded. It is for this reason that saying: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim(In the name of Allah ,the most Gracious, the most Merciful.) before any action, will render that action into an ibadah for which the reader will be rewarded. Besides by saying: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the name of Allah ,the most Gracious, the most Merciful.) before any action, one is suggesting that his every affair-weather small or big- can only be accomplished with the help and mercy of Allah SWT.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim( In the name of Allah ,the most Gracious, the most Merciful.) Therefore every activity of a person will become ibadah.By doing this, he will draw closer to Allah SWT and distance himself from the accursed shaytan (devil).And by not doing this he will deprive none other than himself.

According to Ibn Abbas RA in Ad-Durrul Manthur, rasulullah SAW has said that people are unaware of the blessings of one ayah of the Holy Qur'an which was revealed to no one other than me and Sulaiman AS.And that is:

Remembering Allah through his Three Thousand names

It is mentioned in tafsir ruhul bayan that Allah SWT has 3000 names. He revealed 1000 to the angels, 1000 to the prophets AS, 300 are mentioned in the Torah, 300 in the Zabur, 300 in the Injil and 99 in the Holy Qur'an. One name he has kept to himself; he revealed it to no one. He has condensed all his names into the 3 names contained in : Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim(In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) they are Allah, Rahman, and Rahim. Any person saying: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim(In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful)is as though he has remembered Allah SWT by his 3000 names

Teaching children to say Bismillah: A means of forgiveness for parents

It is reported from Abdullah bin Abbas RA that as soon as the tutor says to a child, read: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim(In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) the teacher, the child and the child's parents are all guaranteed freedom from the fire of jahannum (hell).

Bismillah- A means of Deliverance from punishment

It is reported from Abdullah bin Masood RA that: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) has 19 letter and the angels of Jahannum (hell) are also 19.Anyone who says: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim(In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) will be safeguarded against the 19 angels of jahannum (hell).

Bismillah-A means of high status in the hereafter

Rasulullah SAW is reported as saying that any du'a which begins with: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) is not rejected . By saying:Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Mercifu) "the scales of my ummah will become heavy on the day of Qiyamah".

The other people will enquire:
"Why are the virtues of the ummah of Muhammad (SAW) so heavy?"
Their Prophets (AS) will reply: "In the utterances of the ummat of Muhammad (SAW) there is such an honourable name of Allah SWT that if it is placed on one side of the scale and the sins of the entire creation are placed onto the other side, then the side with the virtues will be heavier."

Other wonders of Bismillah

Rasulullah SAW is reported to have said that as long as people keep on saying: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) it will be a safeguarding them against sickness; a means of granting riches to the destitute; a means of freedom against the fire; a means of safety against being swallowed by the earth; a means of safety against faces becoming distorted; and a means of safety from stones raining down from the heavens.

Ghunyatut talibin Page 157.

A Hadith Qudsi

Rasulullah SAW said that the angel Jibreel AS made a mention of this hadith under oath that he heard it from the angel Mika'il AS under oath who heard it from the angel Israfeel AS under oath that Allah SWT said; "By my honour, grace and grandeur, whoever reads: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful) and surah al-Fatiha jointly once, then you be witness that i shall not burn his tongue and i will save him from the fire as well as the punishment of the grave and on the day of Qiyamah.

Note: rading Bismillah and surah Al-fatiha jointly means to read it as follows:
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahimil Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil-Alamin
In the name of Allah,the most Gracious, the most Merciful.
Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and sustainer of the worlds.

saying Bismillah before Wudhu (ablution)

Rasulullah SAW said: " One who does not say Bismillah before wudhu, his wudhu is incomplete."

It is reported from Abu Hurairah RA that anyone who does not say Bismillah before wudhu, only the sins committed by the limbs which are washed in wudhu will be washed away; and one who says Bismillah before wudhu, the sins of the entire body will be washed away.

Mishkat

Saying Bismillah Before meals

The scholars have said that it is preferable to say the Bismillah,aloud so that it is a reminder for those who forget.

Also, Ibn Hibban is reported as saying that if Bismillah is said prior to utilizing any bounty of Allah SWT and Alhumdu-lillah is said after utilizing it, the user will not be asked to give accountability for that bounty on the day of qiyamah Inshalla.

Umar ibn Abi salamah AS reports that Rasulullah SAW said to me: " Say bismillah and eat with your right hand the food that is in front of you."

Bukhari, Muslim,Tirmidi

Not saying Bismillah-A cause for remaining hungry

A person once complained to rasulullah SAW that he ate food but still reamined hungry . Rasulullah SAW said that perhaps your are not saying Bismillah before meals he admitted. Rasulullah SAW said that by not reading Bismillah your stomach does not fill.

When undressing

Anas RA reports from Rasulullah SAW that when a person undresses for the purpose of either relieveing himslef or abthing or having relations with his spouse then the Shaytan interferes and plays with his/her *ahem*. If he/she says Bismillah before taking off the clothes, then this serves as a barrier and safety against the shayateen and jinnat.

Tirmidhi

Bismillah when entering home

Jabir RA reports from rasulullah SAW that when a person says Bismillah and enters his home and then says Bismillah and begins eating his food then shaytan says to his friends: "Lets get out of here. There is no food here nor sleeping place." And if the person does not say Bismillah then shaytan says to his friends: "There is food as well as sleeping place for us here."

Muslim ,Abu Dawud

Before Every Dua

Rasulullah SAW has said that any dua which begins with: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim

It is not rejected.

Bismillah Brings One Closer to Allah SWT

According to one Hadith, Rasulullah SAW was asked by Uthman RA regarding Bismillah. He replied that it is one of the great names of Allah SWT and it brings a person as close to Allah SWT as is the closeness of the whiteness and blackness of the eyes.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

To Simplify A Difficult Task

Ali RA is reported as saying that: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim is an effective dua for simplifying a difficult task; and removes all grief and brings happiness in the heart.​

I don’t know about other people out there, but ever since I was little, I was taught to say Bismillah before anything and everything. I never understood why, but now after reading some things, I think I am now beginning to understand…. So I wanted to share what I have read/heard and may Allah forgive me if I gave any falso inforamtion or did something wrong. Ameen. So, the importance of saying Bismillah:
There is a Hadith (can’t find the narrator): “Any important work that does not begin with Bismillah is imperfect.”
And, “Any important work that does not begin with Bismillah is devoid of barakah.”
Surah Fatihah is considered Umm al Kitab, “Mother of the book[Quran]” and some scholars consider Bismillahir rahmanir rahim to be the essence of surah Fatihah. (It is considered the first ayah of the Quran.)
How Bismillah was revealed: According to Jabir (RA) Bismillahir rahmanir rahim was revealed “The clouds gave way by moving to the East, the winds ceased blowing, the oceans became calm, the creatures prepared themselves to listen, the shayateen were pelted with fire from the heavens and Allah (swt), swearing an oath by His Honor, declared: ‘Anyone who says this name of mine upon anything, I will surely impart barakah in that thing.’” (Ibn Kathir)
Before the prophet Muhammad saw got a wahi, he used to say bismillahir rahmanir rahim.
Bismillah has three of Allah’s names:

• Allah: His personal name which symbolizes that nothing can happen but by the will of Allah.
  • Rahman (Highest form of Kindness): Symbolizes how nothing can be protected from harm or reach completion without Allah’s Kindness.
  • Rahim (Most Merciful): symbolizes that only through Allah’s Mercy and Grace can a project be completed.
Prophet Muhammad (saw) used to (and advised the ummah to) say Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim before any work-i.e. eating, folding clothes, going in a vehicle, etc. etc.
It is mentioned in Tafseer Ruhul Bayanthat Allah (swt) has 3000 names. 1000 were revealed to the angels, 1000 to the prophets, 300 were in the original Torah, 300 were in the original Injeel, 300 were in the original Zabur, and 99 were in the Quran. And one name is for Himself and is strictly not revealed to anyone. But it is believed that he condensed all 3000 of his names into 3 names in :Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim. (Allah, Rahman and Rahim)
“It is reported by Abdullah bin Abbas that as soon as the tutor says to a child, read: Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, the teacher, the child, and the child’s parents are all granted freedom from the fire of Jahannam”
Other things about Bismillah:

• It is a means of protection from punishment-
  • —It has been reported that Abdullah Bin Masood said that there are 19 letters in Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim and there are 19 angels of Jahannam and saying BismillahirRahmanir Rahim protects you from them.
  • It is a means of a higher status in the hereafter-
  • Prophet Muhammad (saw) was reported to have said that any duaa that begins with Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim is not rejected. And saying it will make the scale heavy for the ummah on the Day of Judgment.
  • It also can protect someone from illnesses, grant riches to the poor, freedom from hell fire, safety from those whose faces are distorted (hypocrites?), and saftey of stones raining from the heavens.
HADITH QUDSI:
-Rasulullah (saw) said that the angel Jibrael made a mention of this hadith under oath that he heard it from the angel Mika’il under oath who heard it from the angel Israfeel under oath that Allah (swt) said: “By My Honor, Grace, and Granduer, whoever reads Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim and surah Fatihah jointly once, then you will be witness that I shall not burn his tongue and I will save him from the fire as well as the punishment of the grave and on the day of Qiyamah.”

Bismillah (In the Name of Allah): Meaning of Bismillah, Power and Worth of Bismillah Bismillah (In the Name of Allah) is the start of all good things, so we shall start with it. This blessed phrase is a mark of Islam, one constantly recited by all creatures through their tongues of disposition. If you want to perceive its inexhaustible source of strength and blessing, consider the following allegory:
Travelers in Arabian deserts must travel under a tribal chief's name and protection, or else they will be bothered by bandits and unable to acquire what they need for the journey. Two people, one humble and the other arrogant, set out on a journey. The humble one obtained the name of a tribal chief; the arrogant one did not. The former traveled everywhere in safety. Whenever he met a bandit, he said: "I'm traveling in the name of this chief," and so was left alone. He was treated with respect in every tent he entered. In contrast, the arrogant one suffered disaster and constant fear, for he had to struggle and beg for every need. He became base and vile.
O arrogant soul! You are that traveler, and this world is the desert. Your weakness and poverty are endless, and the enemies and privations to which you are exposed are beyond number. Given this, invoke the name of the Eternal Owner and the Everlasting Ruler of this world, for only this can deliver you from such begging and fear.
Bismillah (In the Name of Allah) is a blessed treasure. It transforms your boundless weakness and poverty, by binding you to the Omnipotent and Merciful One's infinite Power and Mercy, into the most heeded intercessor at His Exalted Court. When you say Bismillah, you act in His name. You are like a soldier acting in the state's name, fearing no one, doing all things in the name of the law and the state, and persisting against all odds.
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) What is the purpose of commanding human beings to begin every act in the name of Allah? The operative word here is name. When we wear name brands for instance we do that for a purpose - to be able to gain standing in a society where these names are recognized. A baby, for instance is named after someone whom one is fond of respected, thus reviving the memory of the name.
Shaheed Murtaza Mutahhari in his book 'Understanding the Noble Qur'an' writes that the reason why we begin in the name of Allah is. He says "It is for the purpose of giving that act a sacred touch and making it blessed. When a human being who has a natural sentiment from Allah and considers Him a holy essence and a source of all Grace, begins an act in His name, it means that owing to His sanctity, nobility and greatness, the action to become sacred."
Let us consider this! Would we say Bismillah... before we abused someone or stretched out our hands to steal?
Another question that might come to mind when reciting Bismillah (In the Name of Allah) is what is the difference between Rahman and Rahim. Shaheed Murtaza Mutahhari writes: "The word Rahman denotes excess and therefore.Rahman means that Allah's mercy spreads everywhere and covers everything.The mercy of Allah has no exception. It does not include non-humans, nor does it include non-believers. It comprises the whole world.It is the extension of blessings to all existence while they exist, but many things are perishable. The word Rahim denotes stability.with its sense of stability and eternity it applies only to those who through their faith and good deeds have placed themselves in the path of Allah's particular blessings. So Allah's mercy is both universal and specific."
Shaytan, Shaitan, Satan, Devil: Where will I live, eat, sleep? When Shaytan, Shaitan was ordered out of heaven by Allah, he asked three questions?
Where will I live? Where will I eat? Where will I sleep?
Allah told him that he, Shaytan, Shaitan would live with the person who did not say Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before he/she entered his/her house.
Shaytan, Shaitan would eat with the person who did not say Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before he/she started to eat.
Shaytan, Shaitan would sleep with the person who did not say Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before he/she went to sleep.
Shaytan, Shaitan, Satan, Devil: Vomited (Importance of Bismillah) Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) was once eating with a group of young children.
Suddenly Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) smiled. The children asked him why he was smiling. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) replied: "Shaytan, Shaitan has just vomited."
Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) then explained that there was a child amongst them who had forgotten to say Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) and Shaytan, Shaitan had sat to eat with him.
The child had just remembered and said: Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful), from the beginning to the end.
Shaytan, Shaitan therefore vomited and thus the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) had smiled.
Significance and Importance of Bismillah: Stop from Jahannam Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) has said that on the day of judgement there will be some people who will have to go to Jahannam (Hell) because of their bad deeds.
However, from these people, there will be some who had the habit of saying Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before they did anything or entered anywhere.
Thus, when they will be taken to Jahannam (Hell) by the angels, they will be very sad but they will say Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) Allah will tell the angels - "STOP"
Allah will tell them that He cannot let someone who says Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) calling Him Rahman and Rahim enter Jahannam (Hell).
Power and Worth of Bismillah: I can walk on water Syed Murtadha was a great aalim (scholar) who lived many years ago. He had many students who attended his classes.
At one of his classes he noticed that one of the students always came late. One day Syed Murtadha asked the student "Why are you always late?"
The student replied that he lived across the river and always took the first ferry across but the ferry service did not start any earlier.
Syed Murtadha wrote something on a piece of paper, folded it and gave it to the student. "Keep this with you" he said "and you will be able to walk across the river from tomorrow - but do not open the paper."
The next day the student got to the river and put his foot tentatively on the water. He could not believe that he could actually walk on the water.
For the next few days, he got to the classes on time.
One day, he could not hold back his curiosity. He looked inside the folded piece of paper. On it was written Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful).
For a moment he thought - "Is this all that helps me walk on water!" He put the paper in his pocket as usual and went to the river to go to his classes. This time he could not walk on the water and had to wait for the ferry. This meant that he was late for his class.
When the class was over, Syed Murtadha called him over and said "You looked into the paper when I had told you not to!"
With Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) you can move mountains provided you have trust and faith in Allah.
Worth and Significance of Bismillah: Ring in the Stomach of the Fish There was once a lady who always said Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before she did anything. She knew that Allah would then always be with her. One day, she put her ring in the cupboard and as usual she said Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before she put it away. She knew that it would be safe.
Her husband took the ring and threw it in the river. He wanted to prove to her that only saying Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) would not keep it safe. He thought that in the evening he would ask her where the ring was and it would not be there.
Later that morning, the lady went to the market to buy some fish. When she was cleaning the fish at home she found her ring inside the stomach of the fish. She wondered how it got there but then put it back in its place in the cupboard saying Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful).
When her husband came back from work, he asked her where the ring was. She brought it from the cupboard. He was so surprised!
He told her what he had done and apologized to her. He also truly believed that Allah is with the person who says Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful) before he/she does anything.

Jazakallah khair Dill bhaya....Bohat acha lag raha hai...:)
Bilkul pehlay ki tarha....:)
we just have to work a little bit harder...But Inshallah
we will get our home baq ...:)

Back