What is Bida'h according to Islam

Heer

Heer

Invalid Email

Reaction score

Q - What is Bida'h according to Islam

Ans - Bid‘ah ( بدعة‎) is any type of innovation in the religion of Islam and it is a sin . It is to include anything in religion not made so by Allah (swt) or the Prophet (saws)
Bid'ah overlooks the fact that the Sharee'ah given by Allah (swt) is complete and that no addition or alteration can now be made in it.

Our Prophet Mohammad(saws) stated that -
“Whosoever originates an innovation in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” - Sahih Bukhari/Sahih Muslim

In addition, the Holy Qur'an states:

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا ۚ فَمَنِ اضْطُرَّ فِي مَخْمَصَةٍ غَيْرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِإِثْمٍ ۙ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

.. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful." .. Surah Al Maida : 3​

Q - What is Bida'h according to Islam
Ans - Bid‘ah ( بدعة‎) is any type of innovation in the religion of Islam and it is a sin . It is to include anything in religion not made so by Allah (swt) or the Prophet (saws)
Bid'ah overlooks the fact that the Sharee'ah given by Allah (swt) is complete and that no addition or alteration can now be made in it.
Our Prophet Mohammad(saws) stated that -
“Whosoever originates an innovation in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” - Sahih Bukhari/Sahih Muslim
In addition, the Holy Qur'an states:
الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا ۚ فَمَنِ اضْطُرَّ فِي مَخْمَصَةٍ غَيْرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِإِثْمٍ ۙ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
.. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful." .. Surah Al Maida : 3

If any type of innovation is bidah, so tell me an act of Abdul Malik Bin Maryan did "Zabar, Zayr, Paysh" in Quran was he the biddati because of your definition ?
Actually Every Wrong innovation is Bidah , the right innovation ( Bidah-e-Hasna ) is rewarding in Islam and becomes Ajr-o-Sawab.

Back